• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ballz of Steel...99 ft rope swing!!!!

you better have ballz of steel if you're gonna do this...

unreal rope swing in Lake Tahoe:eek:

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZwoI9t0e11k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That looks fun as hell! Id fail miserably trying to do the flips tho... probably end up face planting the water from that height :frown:

When I was a teenager my friends father bought a crane at a surplus sale. We got the thing running, had to fix the track on one side. Then we drove it down to his fathers huge pond. The boom had a Chris-cross support system. We climbed up the boom and jumped off that thing for an entire summer mostly on lunch after working on his fathers farm. We also used a piece of cable and made a trolley from the boom to a huge tree on the other side of the water and would zip down and drop off about half way across. The highlight was in the fall of that year one of our friends fell from about 3/4 of the way up the boom. He stuck in the mud about 5 feet off the edge of the pond, luckily in shallow water with his head above water. we had to pull him out with an ATV.

This...is ballz of steel. (Watch it in full screen)

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y1Nd1qtk1Go" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That rope swing looks dope, did any one else notice that the guy almost hit the bottom when they were filming in the water?

That hiking footage was amazing, I tensed up all the way through watching that. Apparently the guy died filming another hike.

Crazy stuff:biggrin:

That rope swing looks dope, did any one else notice that the guy almost hit the bottom when they were filming in the water?

That hiking footage was amazing, I tensed up all the way through watching that. Apparently the guy died filming another hike.

Do you know if it was from his mistake or from broken ledges/metal bars?

I love how some of you say "that looks fun" or "sign me up"......really???:rolleyes:

yeah, "looks fun" watching from the comfort of your home...I'd like to see your faces on that tree stand 100 feet above a rocky canyon about to jump while hanging with your bare hands from rope....:eek:

;)

Last edited:
I love how some of you say "that looks fun" or "sign me up"......really???:rolleyes:

yeah, "looks fun" watching from the comfort of your home...I'd like to see your faces on that tree stand 100 feet above a rocky canyon about to jump while hanging with your bare hands from rope....:eek:

;)

LOL! Are you not an exhilarating/action type of person? Not everybody just says "yeah it'd be fun to skydive" or "surfing North Shore would be sweet" ... some of us actually do these "thrill activities." Now, I would certainly pass on the hiking along skinny rails...but a 99ft rope swing...sure why not give it a shot. Life is too short.

LOL! Are you not an exhilarating/action type of person? Not everybody just says "yeah it'd be fun to skydive" or "surfing North Shore would be sweet" ... some of us actually do these "thrill activities." Now, I would certainly pass on the hiking along skinny rails...but a 99ft rope swing...sure why not give it a shot. Life is too short.

I go off good sized table top jumps on my snowboard, dive off a 20 foot cliff, maybe jump off a 40 ft cliff, but don't think I'd want anypart of that rope swing....And it looks like no one else does either..he seems to be the only crazy ass doing it...I'm pretty sure that trail had some sort of cable that the hikers attach themselves to....I'd much rather do the skinny trail with the safety clips, then the rope swing...

Back