• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Base map for Haltech

My 91 with BBSC is going to have a Haltech Elite 2500 installed does anyone have a base map or tune suggestions? Thanks

My 91 with BBSC is going to have a Haltech Elite 2500 installed does anyone have a base map or tune suggestions? Thanks

You're probably going to have to start from scratch, since the BBSC is a really old setup (and my favorite SC). A good tuner can get a base map set up in fairly short order.

the tuning is complete 335 hp. Basch SS, headers and exhaust.

That's awesome, I have a Haltech waiting to be installed. How hard was it to set it up and get it running?

The shop that set it up was not familiar with the NSX but had it up and running in a day or so. I had to go back to the shop and they installed a resistor bypass plug as they were not aware that the NSX had injector resistors. Also they had set the ECU to turn on the high cooling fan at 170 degrees which bypassed the function of the fan control module. I had them set the ECU to turn on the high speed fan at 210 degrees which was 20 degrees above the module set point as a safety. I was disappointed that the factory traction control would not interface with the Haltec. The Haltech has traction control built in but the Boomslang harness did not make provision for it. I hope at some point to connect the factory wiring and switch to the Haltech for OEM function as that was what I had hoped for. All other functions such as cruise control still worked.

haltech

The shop that set it up was not familiar with the NSX but had it up and running in a day or so. I had to go back to the shop and they installed a resistor bypass plug as they were not aware that the NSX had injector resistors. Also they had set the ECU to turn on the high cooling fan at 170 degrees which bypassed the function of the fan control module. I had them set the ECU to turn on the high speed fan at 210 degrees which was 20 degrees above the module set point as a safety. I was disappointed that the factory traction control would not interface with the Haltec. The Haltech has traction control built in but the Boomslang harness did not make provision for it. I hope at some point to connect the factory wiring and switch to the Haltech for OEM function as that was what I had hoped for. All other functions such as cruise control still worked.

haltech

That's awesome congrats,

Which injectors are you running? ID1050's and did you just use the bypass plug from SOS?

For anyone revisiting this - the OEM TCS switch is a momentary switch and Haltech does not support state management for a momentary switch.

You can get a 97-01 prelude tcs switch and it fits rite into the NSX plastic housing and uses the same plug and is a permanent switch to effectively toggle tcs on or off.

Last edited:
Thanks, will the oem wheel sensors work with the Haltech?
Yes indeed. You can get the each wheels signal from the TCU plug behind the drivers seat.

Also - correction it is the 5th gen prelude TCS button, direct swap of guts for a permanent state switch.

Attachments

• TCU Pinout.jpg
    TCU Pinout.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 8
Back