• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Basic Maintenance on the Westside

Hi guys,
I live on the Westside and I'm due for an oil change. Booked an appt with Santa Monica Acura to have it done later this week @ $100. I don't mind paying for it, but I wanted to know if there are any other destinations which come recommended by any of you to get such simple maintenance done on an NSX preferably on the Westside? I'd love to form a good relationship with a shop, if there's a good one to be had nearby.

Does anyone have any reason why I should or shouldn't see the guys at SM Acura?

Any rec's would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance-
Jim

$100 is a lot of money for an NSX oil change. It should take about 10 minutes, and needs an oil filter ($13 list), a crush washer ($1), and the oil. Most dealers don't keep synthetic 10W30 in stock (because the NSX is the only car for which 10W30 is the preferred viscosity), so they ought to be happy if you bring them the oil to use, which you can buy for around $30. (It needs 5.3 quarts, so you can buy a five-quart jug plus one quart at Walmart, or a case of six quarts Mobil 1 at Sam's Club or Costco.) Don't settle for conventional oil or a synthetic blend.

Santa Monica Acura has a service coupon on their website (click here), which says it's $19.95, but "RDX and NSX higher". Bring the coupon and bring the oil, and ask them if there's still a special price for the NSX, and what the price is if you bring your own oil (if they argue about that, ask them if they have full synthetic 10W30, and when the answer is no, tell them that's what you want in your NSX).

$100 is a lot of money for an NSX oil change. It should take about 10 minutes, and needs an oil filter ($13 list), a crush washer ($1), and the oil. Most dealers don't keep synthetic 10W30 in stock (because the NSX is the only car for which 10W30 is the preferred viscosity), so they ought to be happy if you bring them the oil to use, which you can buy for around $30. (It needs 5.3 quarts, so you can buy a five-quart jug plus one quart at Walmart, or a case of six quarts Mobil 1 at Sam's Club or Costco.) Don't settle for conventional oil or a synthetic blend.

Santa Monica Acura has a service coupon on their website (click here), which says it's $19.95, but "RDX and NSX higher". Bring the coupon and bring the oil, and ask them if there's still a special price for the NSX, and what the price is if you bring your own oil (if they argue about that, ask them if they have full synthetic 10W30, and when the answer is no, tell them that's what you want in your NSX).

I regularly take my 3 Acuras (including the NSX) to SM Acura for minor maintenance items. I don't normally pay more than $40-50 for an oil change on the NSX. You can ask for Robert Munoz, he's always taken good care of me. They'll often apply a coupon for you to get the price down a bit. I'd do as nsxtasy recommended above and bring the coupon from their website and just ask for the best deal possible.

Go give Robert a call. He is located in the San Gabriel Valley 10 & 710 freeways... His number is 626-264-7977. Robert has taken care a lot of X's and has a good reputation in the PRIME community.

You can't go wrong.

Go give Robert a call. He is located in the San Gabriel Valley 10 & 710 freeways... His number is 626-264-7977. Robert has taken care a lot of X's and has a good reputation in the PRIME community.

You can't go wrong.

Robert is also a good choice for more intensive work. He's closer than Orange County, so that's a big plus. FYI, this is a different Robert than the one I mentioned at SM Acura. This Robert is an Acura tech who does work on the side on weekends and such. He helped me fix my car when my clutch slave cylinder went out.

Back