• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBSC Finnally Installed

Hi guys new to this forum I finally got around to installing my BBSC Novi 2000 kit After years of waiting to find one at a resonable price & 3 months after purchase to save up for additional Electronics to finish off set up .My car is now on its second day of tuning with the 8lb pulley & other normal mods headers ,exhaust ,throtle body etc. Well the first #s were very impressive to me i didnt expect to pass 380rwhp wound up at 428 Rwhp & 277lb of torque.I took my first test drive today wow what a difference Night & Day .Well tommorrow is final testing for cold start & its off to the races.Will post pics & dyno Sheets later this week next step Methenol injection kit.

Special Thanks to
Blodi for hooking me up with his BBSC Kit &
Ross from Stompo NSX for AEM & other required Eletronics
Alpha from Induction Performance for Aem Tuning
TPS in West Palm Beach for Supercharger Install

Last edited:
Are you running stock internals?
428RWHP seems pretty darn good to me.
So that means ~480-500 at the crank:eek:
Congrats on those #'s !
Props to you also for saving the $$ and getting a proper engine management system to run it for you. Very smart.

You might want to wait until you get that methenal injection before you really start to push it.

The number look more like 10lb with water to air intercooler not 8lb without anything lower the iat. Very nice number but dont push it too hard 'till you get water/meth injection install

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got it all set up finally. That is a lot power, you must still be grinning I bet. Do you know what kind of IAT's you have right now?

Yes

Are you running stock internals?
428RWHP seems pretty darn good to me.
So that means ~480-500 at the crank:eek:
Congrats on those #'s !
Props to you also for saving the $$ and getting a proper engine management system to run it for you. Very smart.

Yes the day has finnally come it was along journey but definitley worth it
Thanks to all you prime members that were able to give me personal input on your set ups prior to me experimenting with mine.Luckily I was able to go in the first time around with all neccesary Amo to Install the Kit properly.

Glad to hear you got it all set up finally. That is a lot power, you must still be grinning I bet. Do you know what kind of IAT's you have right now?

I was not expecting this much power either. While tuning the low cam it made between 345whp - 355whp heat soaked. STD numbers (which people usually give) are a little higher. Even heat soaked it made 417whp, 428whp, 418whp, etc. Will see what it can do with the meth injection. Should be able to bring down the duty cycle on the fuel system as well. Right now it is at 88% - 91%. I had two engine load readings. One from the map sensor and one from MY mechanical gauge I route into the car

1lb - 3800RPM
2lbs - 5000RPM
3lbs - 5900RPM
4lbs - 6400RPM
5lbs - 7100RPM
6lbs - 7700RPM
7lbs - 8100RPM
8lbs - 8400RPM

That is a LOT of power for a stock motor. Why are you going to 8400 RPM?

Yes. It is a bit of power for the stock motor. If I didnt feel it was safe I would tell Luis. There were no signs of valve float. The plugs looked fine. Everything was good. Not to mention he will not be at that power level all the time. Luis knows his limits. On the street he shifts at 7800RPM most of the time. If he needs/wants more it is there in way of more rpm. With the new pulley and meth injection he will have a broader powerband with less rpm

Last edited:
IAT at 170 degrees thanks for your support on answering some concerns i had prior to set-up I'll be back in shortly to put 11lb pulley with 100% Methanol kit which should bring down the IATs for the 11lb pulley. I cant wait the car already pulls like a bat out of hell all the way to 8600 Rpm

IAT at 170 degrees thanks for your support on answering some concerns i had prior to set-up I'll be back in shortly to put 11lb pulley with 100% Methanol kit which should bring down the IATs for the 11lb pulley. I cant wait the car already pulls like a bat out of hell all the way to 8600 Rpm

Id start saving up for some new pistons....11lbs of boost is too much for the stock pistons even with meth

says who? if they are still good with 8....they may be good with 11...

And they may not....
How much more power do you really need over what he is already putting down.
If he is doing 8#'s 'safely' then mething it would only increase the safety factor but then what would be the point in pushing the envelope further and then risking damage and hence a rebuild?
BTW, that has to be fun having that much power.:tongue:

only thing I want to throw in there... which Marc already knows.. as do most of the guys here...

I don't want any whining if the motor goes. gotta pay to play... if you're pushing 11 pounds with no intercooler on stock compression/rings theres a chance something will go at some point.

So if something gets wiped out, if I hear "oh shit that old bbsc i knew i shouldn't have tried it" I'll probably chime in with 'shut your pie hole you pussay" (btw pussay is french for vagina.. pronounced "pooh-saay."

I was not expecting this much power either. While tuning the low cam it made between 345whp - 355whp heat soaked. STD numbers (which people usually give) are a little higher. Even heat soaked it made 417whp, 428whp, 418whp, etc. Will see what it can do with the meth injection. Should be able to bring down the duty cycle on the fuel system as well. Right now it is at 88% - 91%. I had two engine load readings. One from the map sensor and one from MY mechanical gauge I route into the car

1lb - 3800RPM
2lbs - 5000RPM
3lbs - 5900RPM
4lbs - 6400RPM
5lbs - 7100RPM
6lbs - 7700RPM
7lbs - 8100RPM
8lbs - 8400RPM

I see in some of these posting alpha saying 428whp and onestepx saying 428rwhp.

Is this the difference we are seeing for the extra power between rear wheel horse power and crank horsepower?

428whp with drivetrain lose of about 15% is 372rwhp which makes more sense to me with only 8lbs of boost on stock internals.

Just trying to clear this up.

Running that kind of boost all it takes is one instance of detonation and that motor is gone.......and needless to say that IAT's of 170 degrees isnt helping it either. I ran 9lbs of boost on my stock internals and learned my lesson:frown:.....Who knows.... it may last for a while but all Im basing my comments on is my own experience....I had a conservative tune with an aftercooler and IAT's averaging around 40-50 degrees above ambient temps.

Back