• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BC Racing Coilovers - Comprehensive Review

great to hear....could you give us an xpo hpde review......I missed being there.:frown:

Just another track update from two days at the NSXPO HPDE. This setup is amazing, especially for the money. I have an incredibly stable, neutral car that sticks like glue in all types of corners. My first instructor thought I had Motons. :eek: Just for future members searches, I was running 20 clicks (from full soft) front and rear. The car is sharp and responsive with this setting. Going stiffer did not seem to have any effect. And, funny enough, I ran the first session on my "street" rebound settings (11 F / 10 R) and still was within about 2 seconds of my best time. The car definitely transitioned slower though. 20/20 is a good track setup for a NA1 NSX on the BC's with the NSX-R rates. I set the car back to "street" for the ride home and it was like a cadillac. :D

Anyway, the BC/Swift setup is a great track option and performed flawlessly over two days of hard road course driving.

Excellent. Thanks for the update

Definitely, if I can get my cooling issues sorted out. I read a very disturbing thread by R13 that seems to explain our problems very closely.

Thread bump!

I'm on the coilover fence (budget setup) deciding between the BC's or Koni's with ground control sleeves or Zanardi springs (if avail). Has anybody tracked on either of those setups? I've read alot on the NASIOC board, and the consensus seems to be they are great value but inconsistent on the track. Not sure if its car dependent.

My goal is primarily to lower the car 1/2 an inch and do a few auto-x's and track day here and there.

Any updates or thoughts Honcho?

Thread bump!

I'm on the coilover fence (budget setup) deciding between the BC's or Koni's with ground control sleeves or Zanardi springs (if avail). Has anybody tracked on either of those setups? I've read alot on the NASIOC board, and the consensus seems to be they are great value but inconsistent on the track. Not sure if its car dependent.

My goal is primarily to lower the car 1/2 an inch and do a few auto-x's and track day here and there.

Any updates or thoughts Honcho?

I had the Koni/Comptech (similar to Koni/GC) kit on my car before the BC, and while it was a great suspension (with perfect drop IMO), it was too stiff for me. Those Konis ride hard. Just using Zanardi springs will blow out your OEM shocks, so you need to get the Zanardi shocks as well. For your needs the BC will be great, especially at that price point.

I have been daily driving my NSX since NSXPO and have no issues with the suspension. I changed my street settings to be a little softer 10F / 8R and love it. I have noticed when the temps go below 20 F, the shocks ride harder.

I had the Koni/Comptech (similar to Koni/GC) kit on my car before the BC, and while it was a great suspension (with perfect drop IMO), it was too stiff for me. Those Konis ride hard.

Is it bone jarring? I daily drove my s2000 with Koni's for a long time, if its not worse, i wouldn't mind.

Is it bone jarring? I daily drove my s2000 with Koni's for a long time, if its not worse, i wouldn't mind.

I found the ride to be harsh over bumps and ruts. I think it is more the Konis than the Comptech springs, which actually have softer starting rates than OEM. Even on the softest rebound settings, the Konis were too hard for me.

I read your posting and it was very informative. Just wondering if there is anything that you dislike about the system. I am looking at the bc and kw's. but not sure if the extra money is worth it. I dont plan on tracking the car anytime soon. But it is a possibity in the future. For the extra money of the kw's i can get bc's and enkie's.
thanks in advance for your feedback.

Are you guys aware that BC, Ksport and D2 are all the same company?

Curious, do you get any knocking sounds from the BC coilovers?

None. I have the monoball mounts and they are silent. These coils have been daily driven and tracked since install in all weather with no issues.

Are you guys aware that BC, Ksport and D2 are all the same company?

100% wrong, Dave. That is an internet rumor. There are several companies that purchase BC components and assemble their own coilovers. Apexi and Megan come to mind. It was the poor quality and reputation of these other companies that persuaded BC to produce their own line in their own factory to their standards. BC actually is a fairly large operation that produces several OEM suspensions. The aftermarket coilover business is incidental to them.

I read your posting and it was very informative. Just wondering if there is anything that you dislike about the system. I am looking at the bc and kw's. but not sure if the extra money is worth it. I dont plan on tracking the car anytime soon. But it is a possibity in the future. For the extra money of the kw's i can get bc's and enkie's.
thanks in advance for your feedback.

The BC are perfect for a car like mine that is 80% street and 20% track. I am 100% satisfied with the performance and durability of the system. I drive my NSX to work every day and at the softer settings the ride is better than OEM. At the track, they punch way above their weight. All of my instructors were thoroughly impressed with and complimentary of the system. For a value proposition (price to performance), you can't beat these coils. I would say KW is similar when you are considering more of a track-focused NSX. It is the best value for the dollar and it is what I would buy if my NSX were 80% track and 20% street.

Wondering if you guys can help. My right front has been squeaking since install and is getting worse. Sounds like a 50 year old mattress over the smallest of bumps, audible inside and outside the car. I sprayed the entire assembly down with silicone lube which slightly helped for a day or so, then quickly returned. Any tips?

Thanks Honcho, Your review answered just about all my questions. I am dumbfounded when it comes to suspension, but since I drive my NSX a lot like you (Mostly street) Next winter I will look at purchasing suspension. I think theses might be it.

Wondering if you guys can help. My right front has been squeaking since install and is getting worse. Sounds like a 50 year old mattress over the smallest of bumps, audible inside and outside the car. I sprayed the entire assembly down with silicone lube which slightly helped for a day or so, then quickly returned. Any tips?

Did you pre-load the suspension before installation? They don't come pre-loaded from factory. I pre-loaded mine before installation and no noise. I have the BC with swift springs

Thanks Honcho, Your review answered just about all my questions. I am dumbfounded when it comes to suspension, but since I drive my NSX a lot like you (Mostly street) Next winter I will look at purchasing suspension. I think theses might be it.

That's great, I'm glad I could help.

Did you pre-load the suspension before installation? They don't come pre-loaded from factory. I pre-loaded mine before installation and no noise. I have the BC with swift springs

This might be the problem. I pre-loaded my coils about 3 mm before install and no noise. BC has a how-to video on youtube for this.

One of my problems with buying adjustable coilovers is I wouldn't know the 1st thing on setting them up. Are there and downsides to these coilovers that you have?

One of my problems with buying adjustable coilovers is I wouldn't know the 1st thing on setting them up. Are there and downsides to these coilovers that you have?
Not knocking the BC coilover here at all but its one of the main reasons i went with the KW's, so many owners have them and have tried a lot of settingsand spring rates so it is only a search away from all the info you require.
In saying that i am sure as more guys get these and try out different rates and settings the same can be said in time, so far no one has posted a serious negative comment.

best bet is to talk to a tech from the manufacturer,and also from users like honcho.

I have these on my nsx and they are awesome. Ride super smooth and still gives you great handling. I'm glad I brought these and highly recommend it.

No downsides so far. I love 'em. I can help you with setup, you can start with the settings in this thread- I am still running them.

Not knocking the BC coilover here at all but its one of the main reasons i went with the KW's, so many owners have them and have tried a lot of settingsand spring rates so it is only a search away from all the info you require.
In saying that i am sure as more guys get these and try out different rates and settings the same can be said in time, so far no one has posted a serious negative comment.

There are a lot of NSX's out there with BC too. Almost uniform praise, though i think Netviper was having noise issues from the pillowballs.

Back