• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Been invited to goodwood to view car

Received an email yesterday inviting me to hospitality at the Goodwood Festival of Speed to view the car in the flesh in the uk.

It's been made clear that it will ge in a display case, which is pretty dissapointing but I suppose it's something.

theres info to suggest since the unveiling they've had lots of enquiries but are maintaining the limit of 100 cars. They've also stated that there's no further info available at the mo abd no confirmation on when the car will be available.

Will see if i can post the email.

- - - Updated - - -
Dear

Summer has finally arrived and with it the return of the fabulous Goodwood Festival of Speed.

We love the festival and are proud to again be able to support the event with what we believe will be a unique and exciting presence for the Honda brand.

As well as the latest McLaren Honda MP4-30 F1 car, our new Civic Type-R (recently tabled by one top performance car magazine as being "the hottest of all hot hatches?") we will of course be bringing the recently unveiled production version of NSX to the show. You will likely have seen the striking red car unveiled recently in the USA and Geneva.

We appreciate the early interest you expressed in NSX and your commitment to taking delivery of one of the first cars; you may know we closed the advance order bank after the first 100.

Since the unveiling of the production car we have received hundreds of additional requests to place orders which we cannot accept at this stage, making the waiting list quite exclusive.

At this stage further concrete information of global delivery schedules is not available in any country but we will update you as soon as we do have the information.

Because of the rarity of the production car that we are bringing to Goodwood, it will be encased at the top of our stand and visitors won't be able to sit inside, but if you haven't seen the car in the flesh yet, this could be the best opportunity.

We'd be delighted if you would like to come to visit the Honda stand at Goodwood to see production NSX and enjoy another incredible event in the automotive calendar.

We will have a hospitality unit close to the F1 paddock - which you can use to come and go and to eat, drink & meet through the day.

I would like once again to thank you for your investment in Honda and hope that you will be able to visit us at Goodwood.

Yours Sincerely,

Honda (UK)

<tbody>
</tbody>

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:
Yes I will be going.

will take pics but my photography is poor and I'm not sure what good it will do as it's the same red car that many people have taken already.

might be different if it's outside I suppose.

get some interior shots..plus any exterior pics will provide the keen eyed sleuths on prime foder as to any subtle exterior tweaks along the development path since the Detroit reveal.

Nice, hope you can get some detail interior pics.

I have a feeling NSX 2.0 will be a the NSXPO. I hope my dream comes true.

Boring dragged out release.

What an unbelievable disappointment!

unless invited in you can't see the car from the ground. If invited upstairs, which I was, you can't get round the side to see it from any view. Not allowed past the barrier for insurance reasons.

Only view was front on.

The he car was not a disappointment at all but can only say that based on pathetically limited viewpoint.

It's much more impressive in the flesh. The side intakes are much larger than I thought. It's also low and very very wide. It has the presence in the flesh of real exotica, much more Ferrari/Lamborghini than gt-r/r8.

you can't appreciate the curvature and interesting additional angles until you look down its flanks. Very much more excited by its appearance than I was.

Still irritated by Honda. So badly handled, shows no reward to early adopters. I don't understand when you have your first opportunity to show off your halo car to the masses, why put it in a pretend model car box and elevate it 20ft above the floor and close off 6 of the faces of the box. I just don't get it.

Probably because the car's not ready. I know everyone is impatient and wants the car released, but it would be a disaster if the car is released with issues. Let Honda take their time to get things sorted out.

But it's already been on full show in Detroit and Geneva. Well lit and you could get in!

I agree that it seems dubious that they would restrict the car like that. However, I think that one may have been the dead "dummy" car that has no engine and mock interior and maybe that's why it's closed off. I can't imagine Honda shipping the production trim, running prototype overseas for one show...

What an unbelievable disappointment!

unless invited in you can't see the car from the ground. If invited upstairs, which I was, you can't get round the side to see it from any view. Not allowed past the barrier for insurance reasons.

Only view was front on.

The he car was not a disappointment at all but can only say that based on pathetically limited viewpoint.

It's much more impressive in the flesh. The side intakes are much larger than I thought. It's also low and very very wide. It has the presence in the flesh of real exotica, much more Ferrari/Lamborghini than gt-r/r8.

you can't appreciate the curvature and interesting additional angles until you look down its flanks. Very much more excited by its appearance than I was.

Still irritated by Honda. So badly handled, shows no reward to early adopters. I don't understand when you have your first opportunity to show off your halo car to the masses, why put it in a pretend model car box and elevate it 20ft above the floor and close off 6 of the faces of the box. I just don't get it.

I am a bit confused as other photos show the "box" viewable from the left side and the rear. Also, I believe the production car is supposed to be the "pace car" at Pikes Peak this weekend and driven up the mountain by Sage Marie.

Last edited:
It's viewable from the side and the rear through the windows of the box from about 20ft below as if the box is stacked on a high shelf.

I was inside the box at the front end of the car but it was behind a barrier.

It did have a honda badge rather than an acura badge.

Back