• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho
  • ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Best affordable clutch?

When I bought my Nsx I noticed a swirling/light grinding sound when idle and the clutch was NOT pushed in. When I push the clutch in it goes away mostly.
The previous owner told me it was the
Throw out bearing going out. I figured I'd get a decent clutch as well as new bearing so what do you guys recommend? Good, lasting and affordable and is there anyone in Houston that can install it?

Does it go away when you touch the clutch just enough to take out the freeplay or depress the clutch entirely?

From what I know of, throw out bearings don't grind, they whine. My civic had the same sound, ended up being the transmission. Hopefully this isn't your problem, but good luck.

I just bought a Comptech PG1 for $1600 from Dali on some sort of closeout, have yet to install it but I know they don't exactly make crappy products.

Dang and that was on sale? :(

Still on sale

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=2410

Outside of that options were limited, didn't want anything aggressive and I heard mixed reviews on one of the near-oem replacements out there so I played it safe and went Comptech.

I don't know what year your NSX is, but I wasn't digging the price tag on the OEM NA2 clutch.

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=2410

OEM with a lightweight flywheel.

See if you can find a local clutch place to rebuild your discs and resurface the pressure plate and mid plate.

When I did my clutch I had it rebuilt and put in a fidanza flywheel for about $600 all together.

maybe get this guy to pay for half :biggrin:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VkBBl7oLmH4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

First and foremost you need to get your car diagnosed before you jump into anything. It may turn out to be minor......Hopefully!

I decided to go with the SOS sport clutch for my 93. It's way below 2k. I reviewed this product in a few places here on nsx prime and it seems the right choice for me. Now that I'm doing the clutch though, should I do the short gear set too ???

When I bought my Nsx I noticed a swirling/light grinding sound when idle and the clutch was NOT pushed in. When I push the clutch in it goes away mostly.
The previous owner told me it was the
Throw out bearing going out. I figured I'd get a decent clutch as well as new bearing so what do you guys recommend? Good, lasting and affordable and is there anyone in Houston that can install it?

Hi,
I have exactly the same issue. I hope I don't have to get into the transmission because it whines a bit on first gear, but it disappears completely on second gear. Crossing my fingers. Let us know how it went.
Good luck!

Back