• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Best Cheap Rims?

Ok, so what do folks feel are the best CHEAP rims to get for the NSX?

I'm talking about decent, nice looking rims that aren't made of adamantium or some other lightweight piece of medal. Just something to replace the stock ones that look uglier than sin.

You could find a set of the newer NSX wheels for a good deal. There is always someone selling them every now and then.

***that aren't made of adamantium or some other lightweight piece of medal.***

You mean like my Dymag, lighter than Techno Magnesium, rare as adamentium, one time production, NSX etched on the inside, luckiest dog I know that I could even find them wheels.
biggrin.gif

Well...um.. yes, they still are red, but they'll be white by next week for the trip to Laguna Seca. Nothing would attract the local authorities like a white exotic w/ bright red wheels.

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 21 August 2001).]

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 21 August 2001).]

Stock "uglier than sin"? Harumph -- I like the stock wheels much better than most of the ricey pimp-boy crap out there.

-Bob ('94 #496 -- stock wheels)

I think he's refering to the 1991-1993 boat anchor wheels, which do look a bit dated IMO. The 7 spokes are nice though.

Nice cheap ones are Enkei RP-01. Don't count on them for heavy track duty though.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info
www.NSXClassifieds.com - The internet's only exclusive NSX Classified site!

I wish I could find a set of TRM Snipers [Tire Rack Motorsports]. I've seen them on 2 NSX's now and I really like them. However, they discontinued it in 18. A full set would run about 1000. How much does a full set (17/18) of 5Zigen Copse's cost? I can't imagine they are that expensive.

------------------
-------
95 T bl/bl @ 39K
DC Headers
RM DTM Exhaust
CT Strut Tower Bar

I've seen the Snipers in person as well and they do look pretty good. The first NSX I looked at (black/black) had them and I almost bought it. Some gobbler bought it up from under me before I got a chance.
biggrin.gif

The 5Zigen Copse are only available in a one-piece in 17s. The 18s go up in price since they're two-piece.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

As always Chris from SOS is right, I'm referring to the ugly 91-93 wheels...replacing with the newer stock wheels is an option, but I'm thinking about going 17 in front, 18 in back - which would count out the stock wheels.

I tend to like the 5-spoke designs over the 7-spokes though, can someone recommend a decent combo of 17/18??

"Cheap" wheels (depending on your definition of cheap) are almost invariably heavy. Bigger sizes double the problem. Heavy is bad, and for more reasons than just overall vehicle weight. Ugly stock wheels are lighter than most after-market wheels, even the expensive ones.

The cheapest attractive wheel of comparable weight to stock would probably be the SSR Integral. Check tirerack.com

[This message has been edited by sjs (edited 21 August 2001).]

There is always someone selling a set on the classifieds i nice set is on there now a five spoke Antera 121 with newer Yokos.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

One really nice set of rims for the price is the ADR Enigma, they are a mesh spoke design w/ machined lips. I would say ADR rims are mid-grade and not total el cheapo, except for the price, I was quoted something like $890 for the set of 17 x 8 and 18 x 9.

One really nice set of rims for the price is the ADR Enigma, they are a mesh spoke design w/ machined lips. I would say ADR rims are mid-grade and not total el cheapo, except for the price, I was quoted something like $890 for the set of 17 x 8 and 18 x 9.

the emotion SSL by milie miglia
at tire rack looked nice but i
dont think they fit. i kind of
like that look, the blitz too.
steve
98-T r\t #28

I found out long time ago that in this country(USA), if you want quality, most of the time you have to pay $$$. That being said, I think SSR wheels are one of the best choice. They are pretty light, looks okay and strong also...they don't cost arms and legs like some wheels either.
www.tirerack.com for more info.

Ugly stock wheels are lighter than most after-market wheels, even the expensive ones.

They're also cheaper. It's not uncommon to see a set of four used OEM five-spoke wheels change hands for under $200.

Nice wheels that aren't too expensive would be SSR's and Racing Harts. I would not get anything cheaper. The Integrals arent too expensive but the GT1's are a little bit more. Most Racing Hart 1 piece wheels are affordable. CP-035 are only a tad over 7 lbs for a 15" wheel so a 17 or 18" wheel should be light. The CP-8's are also nice and lightwieght. i would stick with the 1 piece RH wheels because they 3 piece designs are very heavy but come wider.

I have to admit, pre -94 wheels are ugly and outdated, size wise. even Prelude don't even come with a 15" wheel.

Sniper looks pretty good, but I've never seen them on NSX. Anyone got pictures?
I would paint the Sniper to either gunmetalic or bronze if I got it for my NSX that will give it a more original look.

Originally posted by FuryNSX:
The 5Zigen Copse are only available in a one-piece in 17s. The 18s go up in price since they're two-piece.

Actually, they now have a 1pc 18, but the width is 7.5. Thats not wide enough is it?

Back