• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best enclosed transport company?

If time and weather permits, just fly out and drive that awesome car home. You'll feel better about your purchase, learn your car's characteristics,find the little squeaks and rattles that you want to fix and you'll have a cool adventure. I've done it twice. I pickedup my current NSX last February and drove it home from D.C. between snow storms. What a great experience. However, I just realized that you are in the frozen tundra up north so you will have to be subject to the carrier's scheduling unless you can trailer it yourself. That said, a couple of my car friends have used Reliable and were very happy with them. FedEx would be very low on my list due to the way they bounced an exhaust I purchased.

I used Tim at Beacon Transport 401-400-9205 to get mine from eastern Penn to SW Ohio. cost $900- $150 upfront on a card and the rest in cash once delivered. They used a dually with a 20ft dedicated enclosed trailer, got the car in 2 days. Overall, the price was a bit high compared to others but IMO but you get what you pay for.

Attachments

• IMG_0708.jpg
    IMG_0708.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0704.jpg
    IMG_0704.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 77
I used LA Prep Inc., 2701 Signal Parkway, Signal Hill, CA 90755 (562) 592-8886 to get my pristine 2000 NFR NSX-T from Columbus OH to Phoenix last Spring. I have to say I was initially concerned about the quality of the transporter that I had hired to deliver my car (unless you have done it before you are a babe in the woods) until I talked with Geo. Evans (Evans Automotive) who assured me as he watched the vehicle being loaded that the fellow knew exactly what he was doing and that I should not worry. LA Prep does a lot of work for the movie industry moving exotic vehicles to shoots. As well, they are an approved carrier for Porsche Cars NA, preferred carrier for Desert European Bentley and said they had the contract from Audi America to move it's expensive vehicles (R8's etc) around the country. They were very professional - kept me informed where they were and when delivery could be expected and drove the newest, absolutely Skookum purpose-built enclosed transporter that could handle very low clearance vehicles on and off the truck (6 vehicles). Driver Rick was very particular about moving my car off the transporter to ensure no damage occurred to either the outside or the inside. The trip took 5 days with a drop off and a pick-up along the way, arrived to pick-up in Columbus when they said they would be there, and delivered it in Phoenix the day that they said they would at the outset. They were not the cheapest Transporter I looked up (about $1350) but I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending LA Prep.to anyone wishing to transport their exotic.

This is the only company I would use for shipping. They do nothing but high end cars.

Another opinion on Exotic Car Transport:

I recently had Exotic Car Transport ship a Maserati(wife's car) to Texas. They are absolutely the worst company I have ever dealth with. They didn't reply to emails. Never called me, They picked my car up on Monday from The Collection but kept it in storage till they have more cars. They never told me that. I didn't trust them to pay up front and told them I will pay by CC when it arrives. The delivery driver(Don't shoot the messenger) arrived and expected me to pay him in Cash. He wouldn't release the car otherwise. They have NO customer service. Just a miserable experience.

The best thing was that my car finally arrived it was in good shape!

Last edited:
re Transport Company

Transport NSX 2.jpgTransport NSX 3.jpgI used TFX International to get my car from Pebble Beach to Vancouver. Some issues with communication and pick up dates but well worth the money I paid to see the size of the trailer and the care they took.

Agreed. They shipped an NSX that I was involved with from Indianapolis to San Diego, and were extremely professional. The enclosed trailer that transported the car even had highly polished hardwood floors that were so clean you could eat off of them. Top notch.

As discussed previously in the thread, the problem with the big carriers is that if they have a lot of jobs from their large accounts they put individual orders from people like us on the back burner. If you get lucky (as I always had been until my last experience) and don't have to wait they are great. But eventually you'll get burned and wait for many weeks and not even have an ETA on pickup.

I'll definitely be using one of the small carriers people here have recommended next time. It was very frustrating to wait over two months to get a car I had purchased because Reliable was too busy to be bothered picking it up even though I paid up front.

Last edited:
Back