• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Handling: NSX vs 355 vs C2S vs M3 and etc.

Having both the M3 and the NSX, I would agree that the E36 M3 inspires more confidence and feels better for me. I am biased since the M3 was my first real sports car and have more experience with it. I have not driven both cars on the same track but next year I will take my NSX to Buttonwillow (Fav Track) and see first hand which car is faster or feels faster.:wink:

The M3 is great because it's so practical and fun to drive. For me, the M3 feels like a comfortable tee shirt: throw it on and do what ever you want where ever you want. The NSX is like a silk shirt, feels comfortable but seems to nice to do everyday things.

Don't take it the wrong way, I love my NSX.:biggrin:

Having both the M3 and the NSX, I would agree that the E36 M3 inspires more confidence and feels better for me. I am biased since the M3 was my first real sports car and have more experience with it. I have not driven both cars on the same track but next year I will take my NSX to Buttonwillow (Fav Track) and see first hand which car is faster or feels faster.:wink:

The M3 is great because it's so practical and fun to drive. For me, the M3 feels like a comfortable tee shirt: throw it on and do what ever you want where ever you want. The NSX is like a silk shirt, feels comfortable but seems to nice to do everyday things.

You have a good taste in cars ;)

When you take them both to the track, tune the NSX suspension or simply lower the car and see how much better it handels. I do agree the E36 M3 is simple car to drive but the Nsx is more capable are higher speeds. The E36 has quicker steering response with its turning ratio but that is a false confidence builder when it really counts.. at speeds over 100mph.

Quarter mile 91 NSX 13.5 M3 14.0
0-100 NSX 12.2 M3 EVO 12.8 US probably 13.2
Top speed NSX 168 M3 155

In top form NSX type R Will walk over a lightweight E36 M3.

nurburgring
8:03.86- Honda NSX-R 黑泽元治(1992)
8:16.15- Honda NSX 黑泽元治 (1990)
8:22 — BMW E46 M3 (12/2000)
8:35 — BMW M3 Coupe, 321 PS
8:36 — BMW E36 M3 EVO, 321 PS
8:37 — Honda NSX 3.0 (07/1991)
8:38 — Honda NSX 3.2 (08/1997)

http://www.nuerburgring.de/home.324.0.html
http://www.nissangtrproto.com/2006/gtr-thoughts/nurburgring-lap-times/

I agree with you that at the limit, the NSX will be a better car. I added the Tien(??) suspension and kept the tires and wheels stock.

Most of my driving experience is with BMWs and when I took my NSX to the track (2005 NSX EXPO) it took half a day to build my confidence in the car. My only complaints with the NSX are the pedal locations for heel toe and the body roll.

I'm fortunate enough to own or have unlimited access to both a 1994 and 2005 NSX, a 1999 M3 Coupe, and a 1998 Supra Turbo. I've had about 6x more seat time in the NSXs than I do the M3, but I'm not sure I agree with the articles assessment on the M3 vs. the NSX handling. The NSX even in my non-professional driver hands feels much more capable and connected than the M3.

As for the Supra, I was surprised it got such high rankings. It breaks the rear tires loose easily when the turbos kick in in the turns, the suspension is somewhat soft, and the steering doesn't feel as connected as the others. Then again, I've only had about 1/8 of the seat time compared to the M3, and 1/50th of the seat time compared to the NSXs.

Back