• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Motoring 02/2006 - NSX Last Battle

MvM

Legendary Member
Yesterday I was looking for the Top Gear episode with Jeremy in the blue NSX.
I did find it but I also find the Best Motoring episode 2 from February 2006. It has a very long story on the NSX, from the first in 1990 to the last one.
There are numerous shots of the NSX on the Nurnburgring, shots of the production of the NSX and a final race on the racetrack. I found it to be very entertaining and interesting.

It is too bad it is all in Japanese. Wish somebody would bring it out with English subtitles or something. I am sure that would make it even more interesting.

Almost all of the old NSX footage are merely clips from this DVD:

16859336-67cc-016C0200-.jpg

16859325-c925-01670200-.jpg

I got my Best Motoring DVD Platinum Series No. 7 (2 disks and released 9/26/2002 Japanese) last week.
Disc 1: '01 NSX-R Prototype at Suzuka Circuit Time Attack, Autobarn Top Speed & Nurnburgring Time Attack by Gun-san. 100 mins.
Disc 2: '93 NSX-R at Suzuka Circuit Time Attack, Autobarn Top Speed & Nurnburgring Time Attack by Gun-san. 80 mins. NSX 16" & 17" wheel test. Keiichi Tsuchiya's Le Man twin turbon NSX test drive at Motegi Twin Ring.

With Gun-san's, retired Japanese racer, aggressive driving style, '01 NSX-R Prototype timed 7mins 56sec at Nurnburgring w/ oem settings only. I highly recommend to watch this DVD if you have not watch it. It will bring your NSX pride to next level. :biggrin:

Attachments

• Platinum_07.jpg
    Platinum_07.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 150
  • BM0602_01.jpg
    BM0602_01.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 183
  • BM0602_06.jpg
    BM0602_06.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 213
  • BM0602_07.jpg
    BM0602_07.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 141
  • BM0602_08.jpg
    BM0602_08.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 110
Besides the interesting reviews of the NSX history in the latest 2/06 Best Motoring issue, they also interviewed the chiefs at Honda regarding the up-coming NSX. Many exciting new info shared in this video. Buy it if you can get your hand on it.

Hi RyRy210

Regarding the DVD you mentioned, do you have any idea where I can find that one. I certainly would like to have it.

Thanks in advance.

And BTW, the video I found was on BitTorrent. I just did a search for 'NSX' and this one came up.

Where can I get both Best Motoring DVD's? I searched deepdiscount but nothing....Sugoi, RyRy...where can I buy them? Thanks

Veleno said:
Where can I get both Best Motoring DVD's? I searched deepdiscount but nothing....Sugoi, RyRy...where can I buy them? Thanks
yeah?? where can we order this DVD??? :confused:
e-bay dont even have one for sale :frown:

I want to make sure whoever interesed in Japanese BM DVDs, they can NOT play on US region DVD players This is due to different regional format on the DVDs.

I can help you guys order JDM BM DVDs w/ prepayment (USPS money order only, NO paypal) on each DVD ordered.
Once I received the payment, my JDM friend will place the order and EMS (air mail) directly to you ship-to address.

I have to get confirmation from my JDM friends before I can take orders. Depends on the titles of your choice, they may be out of stock.

I will keep you guys posted and the price included shipping.

Sugoi,

Thanks very much for posting. And Yes Yes Yes I would be interested. My NSX collectio of magazines, books is becoming quite substantial but the number of DVD's is very limited.
Sorry to hear you don't accept PayPal. Since I live in the Netherlands, paying you by Money Order is a bit difficult. But I have Nice Green US Dollars lying around, would you accept simple plain old cash ??

Might try these two stores:

New York Kinokuniya Bookstore, 10 West 49th Street, NYC (212) 765-
7766 [email protected]

Super Autobacs 12645 Beach Blvd. Stanton, Ca. 90680 714-903-9900

sugoi said:
I want to make sure whoever interesed in Japanese BM DVDs, they can NOT play on US region DVD players This is due to different regional format on the DVDs.

many times you can get around this by using your PC DVD drive, many of them have region code disabling firmware hacks.

I actually bought a few of each (the NSX Special DVD, and NSX-R Special DVD, and the new 2/06 BM DVD). I purchased a few on my annual trip to Japan, and some here at little Tokyo in downtown Los Angeles. If you go to any bookstore in little tokyo, they can order it for you. You just need to show them the back of the DVD. If you need the info I can scan it and email it to you.

Unfortunately I'm not selling the "duplicate" DVDs I have at the moment. I usually open 1 to watch, and then the others I keep shrink wrapped and stored with my other NSX collectables.

Actually, regarding the dvd code thing, some DVD machines are more discriminating than the others... A general rule is that the cheaper the machine (and the non brand-name) the least discriminating they are...... like those $39.00 ones at Walmart :biggrin: I'm not a tech/audio guy, I'm just speaking from my experience.

serialNSXer said:
Might try these two stores:

New York Kinokuniya Bookstore, 10 West 49th Street, NYC (212) 765-
7766 [email protected]

Super Autobacs 12645 Beach Blvd. Stanton, Ca. 90680 714-903-9900

I should have looked, I was at Kinokuniya on Saturday, I recently picked up an all NSX magazine that had every part ever made for the NSX as well. Also, there is a new Kinokuniya in the Palisades mall in Rockland County, NY

NSXDreamer2 said:
Actually, regarding the dvd code thing, some DVD machines are more discriminating than the others... A general rule is that the cheaper the machine (and the non brand-name) the least discriminating they are...... like those $39.00 ones at Walmart :biggrin: I'm not a tech/audio guy, I'm just speaking from my experience.

Your computer DVD Drive can be use to play region 2 DVD, however, you only have three chances to switch back and forth. I have two in my computer, one is perminently use for region 2.

UPDATE:

I got my jdm friend to help us order original (not copy) BM (Best Motoring) NSX DVDs.

1) BM 2006 February NSX Final Battle (Japanese Language)
US$30 shipped to your door.

2) BM DVD Platinum Series No. 2 (180 mins. Released 2001 Japanese Language) US$62 shipped to your door.

3) BM DVD Platinum Series No. 7 (2 disks. Released 9/26/2002 Japanese Language) US$72 shipped to your door.

The price includes my friend's time, USPS money order fee, FedEx fee to air ship USPS money order to pay him and EMS (Japanese Postal Service air service) fee.

If you feel these prices are HIGH, please do NOT PM me. If you can find better prices, just go ahead get it from your own source(s). If you don't trust me with your money, please DO NOT order from me. I am just trying to help you guys getting any of these 3 DVDs while they are still available in Japan. :biggrin:

Note that some DVDs may have limited number on stock so I will fill the orders in the order of payment receipt. None-filled order will be refunded.

Please PM me ONLY if you want to order them. Sooner you place the order, higher chance of your oder will be filled. I will stop take any orders once my friend can not get any of them.

Thanks

To those of you who are trying to play region-encoded DVDs...Go to the part of town that has Asian electronics shops, and just ask one of the workers to recommend a player that doesn't do region code checking.

They'll know what you mean, it's pretty much their specialty. Shouldn't be more than 50 bucks.

God bless the gray market.

NSXDreamer2 said:

SOOO true.

i was surprised my friend's $20 dvd player could play Hong Kong DVD's... and my $120 dvd player couldn't read it. :rolleyes:

Just watched this Best Motoring 02/06 Farewell NSX, by far the best NSX video ever.

The NA1 NSX-R around lapping the Nurburgring is amazing 8min 3sec, looks almost as the car has no weight and just flying.

I wanna say thank you to sugoi.
Read that thread some weeks before and contacted him.
He sended me these 3 DVD's last week, a nice pastime for my
stay in hospital.

Even if I dont understand the japanese comments, these DVD's
are incredible and a must for each NSX enthusiast.

Most impressive are the time attacks from Gun-san into the old and the new
NSX-R at the Nordschleife, a 10 years time step, also the review from
all models, even the NSX racecars.

7.56 to 8.03 minutes are not that big difference....I wonder how fast the old Type R could run with the tires and gearbox from the newer model.

Best motoring VOL 1 (Type R Legend) and VOL 4 (Roaring VTEC) are my old favorites , some others will follow next week.

As many people have DVD burners in their computers, one could use available software to strip out the region coding, and then burn so it will play in any DVD player. :wink:

Back