• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Navi unit?

The Pioneer's seem to be the most popular.

AVH-P3200BT (needs a separate GPS module)
AVIC-Z130BT

Touch screen car stereos have not really changed in the past 5 years and are mostly still using low resolution resistive touch screens. Hopefully they will take a page out of the tablet market and make a better product.

However, as far as the best navigation unit I would still vote for the Samsung Galaxy Tab. It can be had for under $200 and is far and away the most versatile option so far (Netflix, Plex, OBD2 scanner, Music, Movies, Nav...)

Mount it in the Nav Pod, or have a bracket made for it and use the stock stereo or any one you like the look of (I like the JVC 810 personally).

Last edited:
Clarion NX700 here. its a 2010 (or maybe even 2009) but its great.. is kinda lower res as mentioned above but the nav is top notch, plays your Ipod and DVD too.

I am looking at the Pioneer x930bt and the Kenwood 6180 ( i think).

The JVC is a great deal and has everything I want, but the screen resolution is garbage. It's worse than 4 year old units. I guess that is why it has all the other features, but for me I want it to look nice.

Back