• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best place to mount alarm?

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
What is the best place in the car to mount the alarm module? I'll be installing a Viper that controls the door locks and has an optional 3rd channel which I want to use to open the trunk via the remote and I want to use the existing door LED instead of drilling a hole for the Viper's LED.

I'm thinking the glove box area will give the best access to the right wires. Is this correct?

Also, is there a simple way to disble the OEM security system? Is it as simple as unplugging a connector to the security module?

Thanks,
Hugh

I just finished mounting my nav system controller behind the glovebox. Most of the wires you will need are in that area. You can tap into the power / switched power / ground at the clock harness.

In your second question, are you refering to the keyless entry module or the Security light/starter lock out?

BE

I was referring to the OEM security light/stater lockout, honk the horns, flash the lights factory setup.

I brought the car in this morning to have the alarm installed. After studying the service manual I saw that just about everything needed is behind the glove box (door locks, starter relay, trunk release circuit). I asked them to use the factory LED in the door instead of drilling a hole somewhere for the Viper's blue LED.

Back