• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best place to sell your NSX?

im trying to make both ends meet, and starting October i dont think ill be able to afford my NSX anymore (and i RARELY drive it too) and have the same lifestyle.

Anyways, other than CRAIGSLIST and PRIME....where else should i post my car for sale? is autotrader still good source?

Also, since i have a 95, and most banks and Credit Union doesnt allow loans for this car......am i screwed? :frown:

im trying to make both ends meet, and starting October i dont think ill be able to afford my NSX anymore (and i RARELY drive it too) and have the same lifestyle.

Anyways, other than CRAIGSLIST and PRIME....where else should i post my car for sale? is autotrader still good source?

Also, since i have a 95, and most banks and Credit Union doesnt allow loans for this car......am i screwed? :frown:
Yes, Autotrader is a good source.
And why would you think that a CU won't loan on a 95 MY? Mine does. That is how I financed the first two that I have owned.

from what i heard, starting April 08, they stopped doing that.

i financed my through CAPITAL ONE last year, but they arent doing that anymore for cars older than 5years old.
Yes, Autotrader is a good source.
And why would you think that a CU won't loan on a 95 MY? Mine does. That is how I financed the first two that I have owned.

I've always had good luck listing my cars on Autotrader. And I too have noticed lenders pulling certain auto loan programs, like Capital One no longer financing privately sold cars. There are still banks that do private party transactions, such as a local credit union here in Las Vegas, but I think it's a bit more challenging compared to the past...

Try Bank of America, you can apply online and they will let you know the next day. Their interest rate is reasonable 5.69% on mine ,and depends on your credit score too. Please try it!! Good luck

I found my NSX on CL which was a surprise to me but more and more people are using it (of course, so are more scammers :( ). There were two listed that same week and both sold almost immediately. I'd try that and here first as they are free and at least CL brings in local inquiries. Fleabay seems to be a waste of time anymore as they don't seem to be bringing top prices in that arena.

I bought my 91 off an ebay listing. I didn't buy it through ebay but found it that way. Allot of cars on ebay are sold this way, reserves aren't met and a deal is worked out afterwords.

CL and AT would be my first choices though.:wink:

I also purchased my NSX thru prime. I think prime was the best with the benefit of being able to fine someone in the area to check the car out for you. I found another site for selling NSX’s when trying to purchase the one I have now. I don’t really no much about the site, but they seem to sell a couple on the site during the 12 months I was looking.

http://www.nsxtraderonline.com/

Does anyone else know anything about this site?
:cool:

P.S. I was also able to get financed thru a Credit Union. I took exactly 5 min to get my approval. But I was already pre-approval for a car loan for the past 12 months. My CU sends you pre-approvals every 3 to 6 months base on your credit and accounts balance (always have a positive cash flow in or thru your accounts).:wink:

No disrespect to Prime, but I think AutoTrader is a more effective means to sell. I had my NSX for sale on Prime for a few months with little response. Put it on AutoTrader and had 3 hits the first day. Had two buyers lined up the following day and chose what I considered the more easier to deal with and would baby my baby perspective buyer. The transaction was completed before I could think about backing out.

But as for Prime - I look here for my next NSX. I figure the cars on Prime for sale are going to be premium cars as their owners are more active in the NSX community. It's a great place to find a car - but just not as well know to the masses as AutoTrader.

Good luck with your sale!

I just financed my NSX through Navy Federal Credit Union in May, and it's a 91... They had no prob with it. :cool:

Back