• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best Resale Color for an NSX?

OK Rococo, I stand corrected. My apologies. I had read your previous post and knew it didn't jive with the beginning post, but my brain had forgotten what you had posted in the middle. Psychologiest say that when given a lot of info, we tend to remember the beginning and the end and we lose what is in the middle. I fell victim to that, and unjustly called you dishonest. Again, I apologize. I hope you enjoy your Imola Orange.

Very interesting.

I am the buyer of the "blue" midnight pearl 95 NSX-T purchased from Rococo earlier this year. Here is how that transaction transpired:

I first found the car listed right here at NSXPrime. When I contacted the seller Rococo, he stated that he had just "sold" the car, but then said that he misunderstood me and that the 95 was still for sale. He mentioned that he just sold his other (96?) NSX but that the 95 was still available and on consignment at dealer near me. I arranged for purchase outside of consignment. Rococo did state that he knew the owner of the consignment dealer well.

Prior to consummating the deal I had the car inspected at a local Acura dealer and, for the most part, it passed with flying colors. I specifically asked the mechanic if it had previous bodywork done and he said from his inspection that it was in outstanding condition from top to bottom without previous damage of any kind. Rococo had purchased the car just a few months earlier from a seller in New York. I asked why he was selling and he stated something about how it was impractical for his family.

Given what I know and have read in this post I can conclude:

1. Rococo buys and sells many cars. That doesn't make him a dealer, but I don't think that he is being totally up front either.

2. I believe the reason he told me he was selling the car was false.

3. From what I have seen of Rococo's lifestyle, spending a few thousand dollars to fix one of his cars would not be a good reason to sell the 2002 NSX. I believe that he has owned at least 3 NSX's this year alone.

4. I am very happy with my purchase. My NSX is in great shape, runs well and I believe that Rococo represented the sale fairly.

I hope that helps set the record straight.

Back