• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

best shop in PDX area?

So i just dont have the time to do some things to my NSX...honestly i hate that im more knowledgeable than most these dealer guys, but i just am in middle of race season..so i dont mind paying for QUALITY work! Im SUPER anal.

Who is portland area?? (maybe seattle if i have too)

TIA

The "small private shop" concept works well in a large metropolitan area (e.g. San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City) where there are enough NSXs to support an independent mechanic and where an independent has the ability to develop enough experience with the car. In most cities, though, including larger ones (Chicago) as well as smaller ones (Milwaukee), the only place you're going to find a lot of expertise with the NSX is at the dealer. I'm not saying that every dealer (even in smaller cities) has a lot of NSX expertise; for example, Chicago has nine Acura dealers, but only one where I trust my car. Routine work like brake jobs and fluid changes can be done by any competent mechanic. But for complicated tasks, you want someone who has done it before and knows all the short cuts and "gotchas", and for troubleshooting, you want someone who has seen it before and knows why it's happening. That's what NSX experience is all about. In Portland, I know you get that level of experience from Morgan and his people at AoP. I haven't heard of any independent shops there which have that level of experience.

The "small private shop" concept works well in a large metropolitan area (e.g. San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York City) where there are enough NSXs to support an independent mechanic and where an independent has the ability to develop enough experience with the car. In most cities, though, including larger ones (Chicago) as well as smaller ones (Milwaukee), the only place you're going to find a lot of expertise with the NSX is at the dealer. I'm not saying that every dealer (even in smaller cities) has a lot of NSX expertise; for example, Chicago has nine Acura dealers, but only one where I trust my car. Routine work like brake jobs and fluid changes can be done by any competent mechanic. But for complicated tasks, you want someone who has done it before and knows all the short cuts and "gotchas", and for troubleshooting, you want someone who has seen it before and knows why it's happening. That's what NSX experience is all about. In Portland, I know you get that level of experience from Morgan and his people at AoP. I haven't heard of any independent shops there which have that level of experience.

agreed, thanks. I have not tried/used AofPDX...only RT Acura and just not my type of place. Its hard for a guy that OWNS his own shop that is nationally recognized and SUPER ANAL about stuff, and to be honest knows more about the car than most the guys at most dealers. I dont want old man nsx stuff...no offense to anyone. I want to do some high end stuff. I might talk to Jeremy at Matrix. They have done A TON of high $$ cars (bmw, porsche, etc) and even work on one of my most ANAL racers own personal 996TT, just was asking in case there is a good shop i was not aware of...i just got back into the NSX after 4 years of M3's.

Thanks again, ill stop by AofP and meet morgan.

I'm going to have to toss up a big +1 for Acura of Portland. They were a most gracious host for us at NSXPO, and are real NSX enthusiasts.

+1 for Morgan @ Acura of Portland

After talking through the tech inspection and the maintenence seminar @ NSXPO, I would say he is one of the top guys on this side of the country if not among the top guys in the nation to send a NSX to get worked on.

Extremely knowledgeable, professional and good guy to work with.

--
George

Back