• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Best Springs

Hi guys,

I was just wanting some input in what you guys think the best springs would be.
I dont want a stiff ride, but as close to stock as i can get. I was told HKS is the way to go, but id like to hear the pros and cons of what everyone has tried and prefer.

Thanks.

If you just want it lowered you could get the bilstein shocks on the lower perch and use the oem springs. That would be pretty close to stock.

If you really want to go with new springs you may suggest the Eibach Pro kit. These are progressive which means they are not that far from the stock comfort when you drive "normal" but get stiffer when you do some "spirited" driving. IMHO they work best with aftermarket shocks like Bilsteins (upper perch for street use), the stock shocks seem to be a bit underdamped with stiffer springs.

NSX-Racer said:
If you really want to go with new springs you may suggest the Eibach Pro kit. These are progressive which means they are not that far from the stock comfort when you drive "normal" but get stiffer when you do some "spirited" driving. IMHO they work best with aftermarket shocks like Bilsteins (upper perch for street use), the stock shocks seem to be a bit underdamped with stiffer springs.
Agree with NSX-Racer. I have this setup and it is great. Comfortable at normal speeds stiffens up nicely at the track and at high speeds. Very usable and provides a very attractive and streetable drop.

JDMHONDA said:
Hi guys,

I was just wanting some input in what you guys think the best springs would be.
I dont want a stiff ride, but as close to stock as i can get. I was told HKS is the way to go, but id like to hear the pros and cons of what everyone has tried and prefer.

Thanks.

HKS doesn't make springs for the NSX, unless you are talking about their coilover kit.

NSX-Racer said:

any idea how much more spring travel after lowering it with Eibach, especially on the front?

I think I might have bottomed out the front when I hit some bumps at high speed with the Eibach and OEM shocks.

I have Eibach and OEM shocks presently. NEVER experienced any bottom out either on the street or around the track. :smile:

Have used Eibach progressive lowering springs & Koni's on several cars.
Have been pleased every time. 1st inch is softer than stock NSX springs & under cornering loads they are stiffer than the stock springs. My car was equipped this way, but I would have done the same thing. There are hundred of ways to go. A lot of it is personal preference.
Ride in a few cars with different set up's, that should make it easy.
Many prefer gas shocks, but I like how Koni's take a set in the turns opposed to gas shocks
having a positive rebound. Its as tough to push Koni's in, as it is pull them out.
Have had them on 5 cars so far, no turning back.......

I had Eibach pro's very happy with the ride and performance.

1HOT NSX said:
I couldn't agree more!! Why mess with a perfectly wonderful setup? All you will get is a stiffer ride and no improvement in handling :biggrin:

Lower centre of gravity = less roll ?

hey if you lower the car too much, wont your roll center drop further below your center of gravity. resulting in more body roll than before, when the roll center was closer to the center of gravity??

Back