• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best wheels for black nsx

OK I am trying to get away from the standard silver wheels and going to a darker wheel. Lately I been seeing bronze,gold,anthracite,black ect ect. I tried a seach for best wheels for black but the search did not seem to work at all and a blank page came up. Im sorry if this is repost but please lemme see your suggestions for wheels that work and look good on a black nsx. I would like to stay with the stock yokohamas 16/17 by the way but open to go one size bigger 17/18 if the wheel really appeals to me. My budget is limited by the way I am not looking to drop a few G's, Thanks in advance.

Bailey

black with a polished step lip looks great on black, eg something like this:

attachment.php

Shameless plug Here.

duno... but chris from SOS as some wicked set of CUSTOM GT-V volks in 'time attack' matte black with polish lips... :cool:

Not a black NSX but this is a shot of my black 996 with Forgeline 18" VR3P's. The centers are done in gunmetal.

2387711340034220532JFBkNn_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Acura NsX Pilot said:
I would like to stay with the stock yokohamas 16/17...

Bailey

Just powdercoat your stock 16/17's gloss black or any other color for that matter, there are a bunch.
It's the cheapest way to go as well. I had mine done for $55 a wheel.
-j-

jimmycinla said:
Just powdercoat your stock 16/17's gloss black or any other color for that matter, there are a bunch.
It's the cheapest way to go as well. I had mine done for $55 a wheel.
-j-

Someone else had recommended doing this as well .... but I would have to find a used set for sale being my car is a 91 and I sold my stock wheels.

Acura NsX Pilot said:
Someone else had recommended doing this as well .... but I would have to find a used set for sale being my car is a 91 and I sold my stock wheels.

Acura NsX Pilot said:
I would like to stay with the stock yokohamas 16/17...

Bailey

I assumed this ^^^ meant you already had the stock wheel 16/17 setup.

Lets see a pic of your current 16/17 wheels and have someone photochop them black.

-j-

jimmycinla said:
I assumed this ^^^ meant you already had the stock wheel 16/17 setup.

Lets see a pic of your current 16/17 wheels and have someone photochop them black.

-j-

My car is a 91

Stock wheels were sold to a track nut 15/16

Currently have Enkie CDR-9's in 16/17 but they are really beat up from hitting the curb to the brute who did not know how to mount low profile tires and scraped the hell out of them. They are ready for the trash and I have no intention of refinishing them because its just not worth the money because the wheels are less then $150 each.

I am leaning towards one of these wheels in black, anthracite, dark grey or bronze .... something along those lines.

gtc%2001bg.jpg

RZ-5bg.jpg

tarmachb.bg.jpg

RS7Anthracite.jpg

I got some of these for my first NSX..Volk GT-U's:cool:
attachment.php

I'm biased, but these look sick!!!:tongue:

Acura NsX Pilot said:
I am leaning towards one of these wheels in black, anthracite, dark grey or bronze .... something along those lines.

gtc%2001bg.jpg

Of the four, I like these.

-j-

DV8 said:
I think this looks incredibly sexy...(from member: Sze Chi)

The-Devil.jpg

Wow...that does look sexy.

no offense to those of you with the gold rims, but imho it just reminds me of my favorite car from the late 70's...Burt Renolds Trans Am from "Smokey and the Bandit"....:redface: cool car....in the 70's-80's:tongue:

Yo Bailey, if you're not going to put the 20" spinners that you were lusting after on, you may as well get the cheapest black wheels that you can find, cause as clean as you keep your car, you're never going to clean the wheels!!!!:eek: :wink: :biggrin: :cool:

Check out Algernon Intelesse II's if you like the mesh. They are forged rims at reasonable price.

Here is a pic with it on our lexus.

IS250001.jpg

you can get them in diamond black, but you will have to wait 2 months for them.

I wanted these then I decided to custom some Volk GT-N's instead.

They are under $2000 for a 18/19 forged setup.

Bailey,

Please tell me your finally getting new rims!:tongue: Roll with some JDM flair, VOLK em' up baller:biggrin:

The Kid said:
Bailey,

Please tell me your finally getting new rims!:tongue: Roll with some JDM flair, VOLK em' up baller:biggrin:

Working 26 weeks on and 36 weeks off I just wanna get semething cheap for now that looks good mike ...... you going to make it to the holiday party this year or what.

RPM217 said:
Yo Bailey, if you're not going to put the 20" spinners that you were lusting after on, you may as well get the cheapest black wheels that you can find, cause as clean as you keep your car, you're never going to clean the wheels!!!!:eek: :wink: :biggrin: :cool:

Thats why I need darker wheels......less cleaning.:biggrin:

Back