• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Billy Johnson in NASCAR

probably on line ,I think he mentioned doing some nationwide races..New Hampshire beeing the most recent.

Is this on TV? what channel?

It was today. He got 15th out of 40 and finished on the lead lap. Very impressive for his debut on the big league oval!

awesome job Billy!

More than Awesome!!

I can't believe the announcers did not pick up on that feat. First time on an oval and finishing 15th in front of many Nationwide regulars. He ran consistent, and for a while was the leading Roush car. I think Trevor Bayne only got by on a late race restart.

Billy seems to have a lot of natural talent. And he is pretty young.... Lot's of room to grow even further. Wish I had 1/10th that skill. :redface:

Excellent to Billy and thanks for the information as II can't get TV here. Lance.

- - - Updated - - -

Billy did excellent for his first time on this type of track,14 the out of 40. Hell he did good for any time on the track. Watch him grow. Lance.

Congrats Billy!

2013 New Hampshire (Loudon): Billy Johnson NASCAR Nationwide Race Preview

ADVANCE NOTES

· Johnson at New Hampshire Motor Speedway

o Billy Johnson will make his second NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) start of the season this weekend at New Hampshire Motor Speedway for Roush Fenway Racing (RFR).

o This weekend will mark Johnson’s first oval start of his career in the NNS Series.

o Johnson has four starts in the NNS Series scoring one top-ten finish in 2012.

· The Car

o The No. 16 team brings chassis RK-756 to the track this weekend. This is the same chassis that the team tested with at Loudon in July.

· So far this season

o Johnson competed earlier in the season at Road America where he put on a driving clinic and finished the race in 15th-place after getting caught up in an accident.

o The driver of the No. 16 Ford Mustang teams up with Seth Barbour, who will serve as Crew Chief. Barbour most recently worked as an Engineer on the RFR No. 6 team.

QUOTE WORTHY

Johnson on racing at New Hampshire:
"I'm really excited about racing at Loudon this weekend. We had a good test two weeks ago there and I learned a ton but there’s still plenty left for me to learn. I'm looking forward to working with my crew chief Seth and the whole No.16 crew again who did an awesome job at Road America."

Thanks guys for the support. We felt like a realistic goal would be a top 15 on the lead lap and we accomplished that.

From my road race background a top 15 doesn't sound great but this is a Nationwide race with 6 Sprint Cup drivers in the field and many talented regulars in a 40-car field and having never competed in a car on an oval ever and race day being my 6th day in a car on an oval ever, it was a pretty good result. Especially when compared to a few drivers with race wins and many years of oval experience making their NNS debut who went many laps down. Although I did have a great car/team/crew behind me. It was a ton of fun and great racing.

any neck issues? or do you just let the wings on the headrest of the seat stabilize your noodle? Also how much of oval racing is the driving and car control vs the many close calls managing your fellow drivers.

Thanks guys for the support. We felt like a realistic goal would be a top 15 on the lead lap and we accomplished that.

From my road race background a top 15 doesn't sound great but this is a Nationwide race with 6 Sprint Cup drivers in the field and many talented regulars in a 40-car field and having never competed in a car on an oval ever and race day being my 6th day in a car on an oval ever, it was a pretty good result. Especially when compared to a few drivers with race wins and many years of oval experience making their NNS debut who went many laps down. Although I did have a great car/team/crew behind me. It was a ton of fun and great racing.

^ The understatement of the year.

15th in that field with no oval experience is unbelievable. Adapting from road racing to an oval track is a lot more difficult than it probably looks. I hope Jack took a good look at your result!!

Billy, are you available on Columbus Day weekend? Oct 11-13th? Drive on over to Raleigh and join us for NSXPO 2013.

Good luck in the future. Tremendous performance so far.

Regards, John Komar & Steve LaClair - Co-Chairs NSXPO 2013 - Raleigh/VIR

Back