• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Black, 1991, Manual, Bone Stock, 2nd owner in 2018

Howdy all. Just making a spot for the car.

I now own the car. It is in Florida resting in a family member's garage.

Have arranged enclosed trailer shipment to Michigan for early April.

I'm going to try to sneak down to Florida before then to get a little driving in, but there's lots of irons in the fire right now. So I'm not sure that is possible.

Looking forward to good discussions with fellow NSX owners.

Cheers,
Chris

Welcome!

Hot dog, another NSX coming into Michigan :biggrin:
Good luck with the wait - know how tough it is. Congratulations. It sounds as if
you bought a good one.

Welcome and congrats! I've always loved the contrast of the ivory interior and black exterior. Are you keeping it stock?

Thanks Sportsmind4me

That is the plan, to keep it stock. I do have a set of larger diameter wheels for it that I picked up from someone local, merely because the 15" tires are all but impossible to buy anymore. So I'll most likely do long trips on the 17/18s and keep the 15/16s for nearby shows, etc.

Holy crap you must be short.:biggrin:Welcome to the club.

LOL, that's not my seating position. It is the previous owner's. She might weigh 100 lbs soaking wet.

She's so small, she had her mechanic put a 2" lift under the seat. That will be coming out to fit my fat butt in there. :)

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot. Got the car titled and plated today.

I should have the vanity plate in 6 to 8 weeks, and then another week to get it down to the car. I probably broke some cardinal rule about the plate number, but I still like it, and the state said it would be valid.

Hahahah, I was gonna say! I’d need a hernia operation sitting in that position!

[MENTION=30626]Hass[/MENTION]: Thanks again for the welcome. I live close to Woodward and 12 Mile. If you are headed up this way before my car gets here, let me know so I can live vicariously through yours.

Sweet NSX. Where in Florida was this beauty hiding?

That's a long story. Short answer is, a friend of my mother's bought it for her 40th birthday. She just had her hip replaced and can't get in it without severe pain. I have drooled over this car for about 5 years, and she finally was ready to sell.

She got loaded today and should be home on Friday. Trouble is, I will still be in New Jersey. Oh well, arrangements have been made anyway. Hopefully there's no problems.

Car arrived Friday.

I've burnt about a 1/4 tank of gas riding around figuring out what needs to be done.

So far:
1] How to set the clock - DONE 4/1/2018
2] Shift knob turns for no reason
3] Rear hatch open light on, even though hatch is closed - DONE 4/7/2018 (someone had leaned on the switch so I pulled it back into place and it works now)
4] Brake light burned out light on, even though lights work correctly
5] No heater at all (might be user error though)
6] Rear window tint is wrinkled
7] Door windows move very slow, both directions
8] Seat risers need to be removed (the previous owner was a very short woman) - DONE 4/1/2018
9] Unlock fobs not working (bought batteries, hopefully that's all it is)
10] Scuffs on driver door and sill
11] Paint worse than I remember it, might be time for a respray
12] Might have the early turn signal off, but not so troublesome
13] Might need new rear hatch struts

Whoof, that list seems longer now that it is collected in one place other than my mind. Time to get to work. :)

Last edited:
Hope this helps:

1] How to set the clock

View attachment 152331

2] Shift knob turns for no reason
--- Is it the factory knob? Factory knob screws on tight and has clips to secure it to the leather boot. Maybe the threads are stripped.
3] Rear hatch open light on, even though hatch is closed
--- From the service manual. Test you can perform to see if the switch is working.

View attachment 152332

4] Brake light burned out light on, even though lights work correctly
--- Did the PO install LED tail lights? These draw less current than the OEM incandescent and oftentimes the system interprets the under voltage as a burned out bulb. There is also two brake light sensors in the tail light assembly that might be going bad.

View attachment 152333

5] No heater at all (might be user error though)
--- Need more information. Could be anything from the heater control valve not properly connected to the heater cable, to the CCU unit starting to go bad.
6] Rear window tint is wrinkled
--- Remove it. Once it becomes unbonded from the glass it is impossible to get it to re-adhere.
7] Door windows move very slow, both directions
--- Common problem with these cars. Look in the Wiki for more info.

[MENTION=32537]mwagner10702[/MENTION] >>> Thanks! I was just making a list for myself to do research on. You just saved me a ton of time. This is a good community.

Back