• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Black/black '95 NSX-T with 37K miles -- Superb condition!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear friends,

Although my goal was to take my NSX to New York given my relocation from Chicago, a recent trip to “The City” indicated that this idea was neither feasible, given the difficult driving conditions in New York, nor practical, given the anticipated demands of my job.

For this reason, I am putting my beloved X for sale. In the paragraphs below, I have tried to describe the car in as much detail as possible. However, you should feel free to get in touch with me if you have additional questions (cell phone is best: 773.454.8482).

The car VIN is: JH4NA1180ST000240. I received the car at 29,801 miles. In the 15 months that I have owned the car, I have put 6,550 miles on it so the odometer now reads 36,351. Prior to purchase, the car was checked out by Woodfield Acura (one of the most certified NSX technicians in the Chicago-land area) where it was determined to be in superior condition. It was also serviced immediately after purchase by Woodfield Acura to change common fluids and get a more in-depth inspection. It passed both tests with flying colors. Since I had two thorough inspections performed approximately 30,000 miles, the comprehensive 30K inspection was performed at 32,739 miles. The car has just had it’s oil changed (premium Mobile 1 10W-30 synthetic used during all oil changes) in line with the recommended oil change interval. The last two trips to the shop were done at Pauly Acura, another extremely certified NSX technician in the Chicago-land area. It should be noted that Woodfield Acura and Pauly Acura are the only two Acura dealerships that have touched the car. All receipts are available. The car has not had it’s timing belt and water pump replaced. The reason for this is that when checking the car out, both Woodfield and Pauly indicated that given the pristine condition of the car (and the belt), it did not seem to be immediately necessary. Although I was planning to do it anyways given my conservative nature, I wanted to enjoy the car for a while before getting it done.

The car has the following upgrades. As you can see, the upgrades are sufficient, without being excessive. Those wanting to continue to upgrade (cats, engine, etc.) can do so with ease, and at their own convenience.

1. 17”-front / 18”-rear SSR-Integral rims
2. Comptech air filter
3. DC Sports headers
4. DC Sports exhaust
5. Painted calipers (red)
6. Alpine SCH-M630 six-disc CD Changer (2 months old)
7. Smartenna, which allows the CD player to function without the antenna rising.
8. I have also changed the rear center-piece so that it reads "NSX" rather than "Acura."

In addition to the upgrades mentioned above, I will throw the following items in for free since they were bought, but never installed:

9. Eibach Pro-Kit springs ($300 + S&H) bought from Dali Racing
10. HID headlights ($580) + Wedge bulbs ($14) bought from ScienceofSpeed

The car will also come with the owner's manual, two sets of keys, and an NSX-specific car cover (yes, it has the "NSX" lettering on it).

On to the condition. The car has been wonderfully maintained by me. Never tracked, never clutch-dropped, and no burning rubber. I’ve never switched off TCS to toss the car around. There are the usual chips on the nose, as you would expect given a car of this age, but nothing that stands out. The paint gleams (as the car has been waxed often), and the side panels don’t have a single dent on them.

EDIT: For those of you that read the original post, you recall I mentioned that the “kiss” on the front bumper and the hairline scratch on the roof were the two things that I would highlight as irregular on the car. I visited Pauly Acura today to determine what it might cost to fix both. The answer: $0. The marks at both places, when lightly buffed, were easily removed. As proof of this, I attach at the bottom of this post, pictures of the nose taken today. I hope this episode indicates to you how conservative I am when it comes to describing the car. The car is looking absolutely flawless after the buffing!!

I am asking $41,000 for the car. Given the condition of the car, the current market, and the upgrades/freebies that I am throwing in (remember you could sell the Eibach springs and HID lights and get close to a $1,000 right there, which implies you are buying the car for effectively $40,000), I believe this is very competitive so please don’t approach me with low-ball offers. I have also been a reputable member of NSXPrime for some time now, so I hope my reputation on the forum will provide a proxy for my reputation as a seller.

Finally, please note that although I will be moving to New York and I would like to sell the car before I head there, this is not a firesale. If I don’t find the right buyer before I leave for New York, I will take the car with me and continue to sell it from there. While I am in Chicago, you are welcome to come and inspect the car in person, and I would be happy to have it reviewed by an NSX technician of your choice. No joy rides until you are absolutely serious about buying the car.

I have tried to be as descriptive as possible about the car. This car is a delight to look at, a blast to drive, and has been absolutely trouble free in the 15 months that I have owned it. If you have comments or additional questions feel free to get in touch with me. Since I am traveling quite a bit, cell phone (773.454.8482) is better than email ([email protected]). NSXPrime members get first priority on the car, but the car has gone up for sale on eBay as well.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Vik.
“NSXaholic”

I have amended the post above to include the relevant details. Here are the pictures, as promised:

NSX4Sale%201.jpg

NSX4Sale%203.jpg

NSX4Sale%207.jpg

NSX4Sale%202.jpg

NSX4Sale%205.jpg

NSX4Sale%206.jpg

NSX4Sale%208.jpg

NSX4Sale%204.jpg

The following two pictures were taken on August 1, 2003:
NSX4Sale%209.jpg

NSX4Sale%2010.jpg

Last edited:
Please note the "EDIT" in the original post above as it relates to the comments on the condition of the car. The car is looking absolutely flawless!! I also attach additional pictures, this time showing the interior and the engine.

Regards.

NSX4Sale%2011.jpg

The mark on the passenger side of the handbrake is chalk:
NSX4Sale%2012.jpg

NSX4Sale%2013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back