• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blower Motor only works on high

96 NSX 44k miles, blower motor only works on high no matter what mode I am in.
Do not have diagram showing where high and low blower relays are if that is even the problem.

Assuming that you are talking interior blower? Is it stuck on high speed whenever the CCU is turned on or only works when the fan speed is on the high speed setting and does not operate otherwise? If it is high speed all the time, Larry B is probably correct. If it only works on the high speed setting it could also be the blower motor power transistor, although they are pretty durable. Did the CCU pass its self test?

Go to the NSX wiki maintenance section to get a copy of the service manual that describes the test procedure.

Last edited:
- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is the interior blower motor. With the climate control unit on heat, ac and the mode wherever, the fan blows nothing unless I turn the fan knob to full max speed. All blend doors are operating properly and all temps are good coming out of the ducts, cold hot or whatever is selected.
Thanks!

Tom

Last edited:
Assuming that you are talking interior blower? Is it stuck on high speed whenever the CCU is turned on or only works when the fan speed is on the high speed setting and does not operate otherwise? If it is high speed all the time, Larry B is probably correct. If it only works on the high speed setting it could also be the blower motor power transistor, although they are pretty durable. Did the CCU pass its self test?

Go to the NSX wiki maintenance section to get a copy of the service manual that describes the test procedure.

This. I had Brian rebuild my CCU but I still needed the resistor unit (mounted on the fan housing under the front hood.)

Based upon the description of the problem, I am thinking fried power transistor! Easy to fix; but, could be pricey (what isn't from Acura). If you do a little searching with Google, I think you will find that there are some substitutes including a super cheap fix if you are prepared to try taking the existing unit apart. You need some patience for that particular approach!

Edit:

The power transistor (actually a darlington pair) is a Toshiba 2sd1460. I think it is out of production but if you search Google you will find an NTE brand equivalent (and others). You can buy the transistor for about $20 and then figure out how to chisel the old one out of the potting compound at the base of the heat sink. Or if you are feeling flush, you can fork over the $250 - $400 for an aftermarket replacement. No idea what an OEM costs!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I appreciate it. I think I will start with the CCU with the knowledge I may need to replace the power transistor as well.

Thanks everyone for the help.
Brian fixed the CCU good as new.

Thank you again!

Tom

Last edited:
Hi All,
I have a 1993 NSX and it is also blowing only in the high position. I did the self diagnostics pressing AUTO and MODE and started the car and it went through all modes with the fan not operating except in the high fan mode 4 and 5. I also pulled the connector under the hood and used a voltmeter to test voltage on FAN OFF and mid way on the FAN setting and the voltage was very low or non-existent so I assume the Transistor is good. Is it of the opinion that the Control Unit board is bad and I should get a hold of BrianK?
Thanks,
Mike

Back