• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

bluebird of happiness "shat" on my car today

you know, your life will unglue at any time.... today was my time.

a mothertrucker with more cavities in his head than i see in a week,
side-swipped my car at an intersection. damage to my belle included
driver door, mirror, & window all totaled. i do not think alignment was harmed,
but you know i'll hear from joe..[ :smile: ]other than wind noise at 100, she's fine, rides straight.

the setup was we were stopped at a red light, of a three lane highway.
a dedicated righthand turning lane, and two lanes for straight ahead.
dumbass in the truck is in the left lane, and i'm in the middle. both of us are #1 for takeoff at light....dumbass proceeds to turn right on the red light
[ of course there is a no turn on red sign...] from the far left lane. cab slides by, but trailer gets too intimate with my nsx. voila.....

to say the least, i'm devastated. nsxday with bridgewater acura this weekend.
i hope the judges won't check out my left side... :frown: i only spent 4 hours prepping the car this past weekend....

what blows my mind is that the threads of late included the antics of a six year old on a bike. this can only prove that we should consider everyone on the road to be at about the same evolutionary level. if you are right beside an eighteen wheeler, get the hell outa there.

that, my friends is an nsx killzone.

neo, can you photoshop an nsx with a "don't tread on me" flag on the antenna ??? i'll feel better. right now, i hurt, my friends.

Attachments

• DSC03923.JPG
    DSC03923.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 742
jalnjr said:
you know, your life will unglue at any time.... today was my time.

a mothertrucker with more cavities in his head than i see in a week,
side-swipped my car at an intersection. damage to my belle included
driver door, mirror, & window all totaled. i do not think alignment was harmed,
but you know i'll hear from joe..[ :smile: ]other than wind noise at 100, she's fine, rides straight.

the setup was we were stopped at a red light, of a three lane highway.
a dedicated righthand turning lane, and two lanes for straight ahead.
dumbass in the truck is in the left lane, and i'm in the middle. both of us are #1 for takeoff at light....dumbass proceeds to turn right on the red light
[ of course there is a no turn on red sign...] from the far left lane. cab slides by, but trailer gets too intimate with my nsx. voila.....

to say the least, i'm devastated. nsxday with bridgewater acura this weekend.
i hope the judges won't check out my left side... :frown: i only spent 4 hours prepping the car this past weekend....

what blows my mind is that the threads of late included the antics of a six year old on a bike. this can only prove that we should consider everyone on the road to be at about the same evolutionary level. if you are right beside an eighteen wheeler, get the hell outa there.

that, my friends is an nsx killzone.

neo, can you photoshop an nsx with a "don't tread on me" flag on the antenna ??? i'll feel better. right now, i hurt, my friends.

Ouch, I feel your pain. I'll park really close to your driver's side on Sunday if that's any help. :frown:

The most important thing here is YOU are OK. Sure your devistated, but it will get fixed, and perfectly since you "know" people;).

Remember that I have been to 5 NSXPO's, only one was with my car. It did not stop me from having a complete blast. Just co-pilot with Mike, and get it back to top shape. Talk to pbasso on Sunday and you will have it back shortly. The good news is it really looks like only the door is damaged, looks like the lower side skirt is OK, great news.

I bet the driver did not even see you out his mirror:(.

Looking forward to seeing you Sunday.

Regards and Sorry about the situation.

LarryB

Like Larry said, at least you're OK. Sorry to hear about your accident.

Sorry this happened.... Recently there's been too many nsx's getting hurt out there. On another note, I loved the title of your thread.... :biggrin:

Wow. That looks scary. It was going right at YOU. Not a nice view from the driver's seat seeing that coming.
Did it blow out the door glass?
Is the pillar garnish behind the door damaged or is that a reflection?

I can feel your pain :frown: Sureal stuff, kinda like Bob and I yelling and watching some chucklehead back into his car in a parking lot!Or hows about Mark B watching and honking and yelling as another chuckler backs into his car at xpo!

I knew this wasnt a thread looking for detailing advice when I read the title

John I know your pain as I was the victim of a hit and run several years back. I would be more steamed if I wasnt able to catch the guy !! Like the others said we here in the northeast know who to take it to and make things right again. I will see you at acura day hope you will still come no matter what.

By the way did buy the pilot because you are one yourself ?

:frown: AWWWW MANNNNNNNN

Between this post, and the DEALER WRECKED MY CAR POST
I've puked twice today. That's it, I'm going home sick!!!

SORRY for your loss.... I'm parking the NSX and covering it all week now.

Mike

I agree with Larry. You should still come out to Bridgewater. We might have to have a therapy tent with all these unfortunate events. Thank God for this forum so we can mingle and get to "know people". I remember when I got my car last year, I was nervous about where I would get it fixed (without getting screwed) heaven-forbid anything happened. We really are pretty lucky in the N.E.
Jesse

Sorry to hear about your mishap. Never fear, Joe and Vince's Auto Body will have it looking better than new.

Just make sure you bring it on Sunday. I don't mind seeing it in that condition - I just can't deal with seeing you wearing shorts again.

the car is what we live for, but my friends here are the life. gracias :cool:

nothing is stopping me from mike's day, & the car may tag along. if the weather is iffy, she's a no show. seeing everyone, & getting my balls busted will do me good :rolleyes: ....
further elaboration include:
1]lots of busted glass inside door mechanism. as i realized what was imminent, i hit the window switch, lucky i did not stick my arm/hand out...
2]door hangs 1/5" down,compared to latch, from tire rolling against it.
3]slight scuff on pillar garnish anterior to door on front panel[thank you!!!]
4]scratches!!!!
5]geico has been great so far[awaiting show me the money!!]
6]everyone in the area knows..bad news travels fast.
7]someone took the rearview mirror from the scene. it's gone.

and best of all.....

8]dumbass asked me if it was a pontiac firebird :eek:

Next time warn us! I thought I was going to see some bird poop on an NSX and maybe a happy cat.

I didn't understand what a mothertrucker was until I read the whole post. I first thought a pickup hit your door. Glad you are not hurt.

My condolences. I'm sick to my stomach just looking at the pictures.

As Larry pointed out... at least you're ok.

8]dumbass asked me if it was a pontiac firebird

That says it all! Most gearjammers know more.
Hope GEICO takes care of biz.

Acura NsX Pilot said:
I think Roger can get it looking new with some zaino.

I'M DOING THE other Z nowadays!!! :biggrin:

docjohn said:
Or hows about Mark B watching and honking and yelling as another chuckler backs into his car at xpo!

I'll never forget that.. considering the guy hit Mark on his 2nd attempt backing up...

ridiculous..

good thing you're ok.. I get scared driving the nsx around sometimes considering it's so low... many people just don't pay attention..

x

I guess Ill have to kick the Pam Anderson look-a-like out of my ride so you can ride shotgun :biggrin:

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
I guess Ill have to kick the Pam Anderson look-a-like out of my ride so you can ride shotgun :biggrin:

Theres no reason why she cant go.....OK...I will volunteer ... I have an extra seat. :biggrin:

Back