• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BMW 335i...

My wife and I looked at the BMW dealership again. For the second time in two years we bought a Lexus. We bought the 250, not the 350.......but it's my wife's, not mine. The interior quality and layout blows the BMW out of the water. Always wanted a BMW until I actually started comparing. We agreed we wouldn't bother shopping around next time; there's no point. To each their own, but for me it's Lexus all the way.

I like the 335 myself. I have the opportunity to buy my brother's E46 M3. I've been decidiing between a new 335 or a 30k mile M3 for the same money. He' a master tech at BMW. His impressions echo mine, in that the performance of the 2 cars are very similar, but how they achieve it (ie driving feel) is quite different.

I think the 335 would be more appealling with a nicer interior (audi and infinity come to mind).

It's a great performance daily driver that comes at a price. They needed to up the power to keep their benchmark status. Right now I'm leaning to the M3.

I've been debating whether or not to go for an 335i or just put a deposit down for the new m3. I decided to wait, and put a deposit down a month ago. Considering how well done the 335i is, I can't wait to see the production version of the m3.

jonas1jp said:
My wife and I looked at the BMW dealership again. For the second time in two years we bought a Lexus. We bought the 250, not the 350.......but it's my wife's, not mine. The interior quality and layout blows the BMW out of the water. Always wanted a BMW until I actually started comparing. We agreed we wouldn't bother shopping around next time; there's no point. To each their own, but for me it's Lexus all the way.

My situation exactly. After test driving both, there was no comparison, I liked the Lexus a lot more than the new BMW's. The BMW interior actually seemed cheap and spartan to me. And the Lexus is $10k cheaper than a 335. If you talk about the 335 being cheaper to mod... a $10k head start on the Lexus would go a long way! In the near future, I do not see many people re-flashing their ECU's and violating BMW warranties! Maybe on a Lexus but not a BMW! :eek: :wink: :biggrin:

TTony said:
I do not see many people re-flashing their ECU's and violating BMW warranties! Maybe on a Lexus but not a BMW! :eek: :wink: :biggrin:

The check out the Bimmer forums and that's all those guys talk about. I even saw one guy post he didn't think BMW would void warranty over ECU flash...just stupid. The 335i seems to be pulling the EVO/STi crowd who don't seem to think BMW parts ( i.e blown engine and or turbos )will cost that much .
Vishnu racing is feeding the frenzy by saying how much HP they can get from ECU/Exhaust and intake.

Coming this fall in the 3 series is the steel retractable convertible top.....that will get my attention. I may still not buy another BMW, bit it will get me in the showroom to give them a chance.

Just bought an alpine white 335i a month ago to add to the collection. The car is simply amazing, zero turbo lag, m3 power and speed (almost there in the handling department, maybe with coilovers and better tires). Still cant compare to the NSX looks and handling wise, (I gave the 335 to the wife :smile: ). Very nice car though, would definately recommend to buy if in the market for a 4-door m3 eater... :tongue:

I have a 1998 528i, and I would have to say it has been one of the most reliable cars I have owned. It has almost 122K on it and you would never guess it, everything works just like it did when it came off the lot, its extremely smooth and solid on the freeway and on my last road trip I got 31.7 mpg, not bad for a 3600lbs car! I only have ever had to do regular maintainance to it.
That said, I saw a 335i on the freeway the other night for the first time...wow..great looking car...and with the performance...I would say they have a real winner on their hands...can't wait to see what the M3 has in store.

528? try the 540i or 545. Waw they are quick.:wink:

Back