BMW GINA in the USA

This was the GINA's first visit in the USA.

Chris

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wy2PYRl78Us" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow. Incredibly ugly. :biggrin: But since it was made on Chris Bangle's watch it's not surprising.

To "bangle" a design is now an auto-industry verb for ruining it. Auto writers use "Bangle butt" to describe a tail with an extra layer of metal on the trunk. Bangle, some rivals will remind you, is only one letter away from "bungle."

Way to go BMW, make a future concept car that looks like it was made at the turn of the century - last century.

WrightFlyer.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Incredibly ugly. :biggrin: But since it was made on Chris Bangle's watch it's not surprising.

To "bangle" a design is now an auto-industry verb for ruining it. Auto writers use "Bangle butt" to describe a tail with an extra layer of metal on the trunk. Bangle, some rivals will remind you, is only one letter away from "bungle."

Way to go BMW, make a future concept car that looks like it was made at the turn of the century - last century.

WrightFlyer.jpg

Hahah. So then.... what's Acura's excuse? :tongue:

...To "bangle" a design is now an auto-industry verb for ruining it. Auto writers use "Bangle butt" to describe a tail with an extra layer of metal on the trunk....

Is that similar to getting Munsoned?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FsgoDCbRvjc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This was the GINA's first visit in the USA...

It was a very sweet concept... Note the fabric skin, ability to change the styling by changing the skeleton via the iPod control... A neat think piece... Thx Chris for mentioning it before the rains came!

First time seeing this type of car. Interesting to say the least.

What's the body made of? How can it withstand the crash test?

Last edited:
It was a very sweet concept... Note the fabric skin, ability to change the styling by changing the skeleton via the iPod control... A neat think piece... Thx Chris for mentioning it before the rains came!

Not a problem, Patrick! I knew I couldn't let you guys leave the show without seeing it!

First time seeing this type of car. Interesting to say the least.

What's the body made of? How can it withstand the crash test?

I'm not sure what's underneath the fabric skin, but I know the fabric is polyurethane coated spandex. Crash test, no idea. It's a concept car though, this was more for innovations and not for production.

Chris

Chris

Back