• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Body weight workouts

I'll play. I have only been working out for about 4-5 years, off and on.

My philosophy and goals are: 1. Optimal health, and 2. functional body / muscle mass.

My one hobby and vice - I play racquetball, and sometimes to excess (10+ hours per week). I work out to build my endurance, stamina, speed, power, and quickness. To me - building muscle just for looks is kind of lame. I value health and function over looks any day of the week. Looking good is a by-product, not the end goal that I achieve for.

Therefore, I workout with a focus on healthy, full range of motion movements that do not over-stress my joints / bones. I'm in the game for the long haul, to have a functional and strong body for the rest of my life, and not beat it to crap and die weak and broken. Thus my approach is 100% natural. No unnatural enhancements that may have negative side-effects that could haunt me later in life.

My diet is also focused on making sure my insides (organs, arteries, veins, etc) are as clean on the inside as on the outside. I try to eat healthy foods with good proportions of carbs, proteins, and healthy fats. Your body is what you feed it, therefore the best investment you can make is good quality food to eat. However, I am a normal human being so I do not obsess over every single calorie. I eat until I am full, and no more. I am not going for a body-building competition, so I only eat as to what makes me feel good and healthy, and do not target a specific body fat %. I do crave certain things like smoothies so I enjoy those in moderation.

This is not complicated. You simply need to focus on what's most important - your health, your mind, and your body. If you don't take care of yourself, who will? Your mind is your #1 asset. I keep my body healthy so my mind can stay healthy and focused. The mind-body connection is not to be taken lightly. If your body is not in optimal shape, your mind is probably not in optimal shape either. Therefore everything I do is to make sure I have the most functional brain the longest I can, for the highest quality of life I can possibly have in this lifetime.

It's funny, I work at home, really do not spend time with others physically too much, so I couldn't care less about how my body looks visually. However, I do take pride in the fact that I maintain my health and body despite the fact that 99% of the time the only person who notices it is me. When I actually go to the office, visit customers, etc., I actually try to dress in over-sized shirts to hide my physique. I am actually slightly embarrassed to have so much muscle and don't want to publicize it too much when I'm working or doing business.

Cheers.

Attachments

• me_last year.jpg
    me_last year.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 42
Back