• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bodyshop help!

I posted this in general discussion before I thought that you guys would know the most, so anyway:

Help!! I learned throttle on oversteer this weekend a little too well! I had the car out for the third time this year and was going through a little passionate driving on a entrance ramp when I took the sweeper a little fast (110). Needless to say I spun off the road, down a little hill and just before I came to a stop I hit a shrub at about 5 mph sideways. I love this car and up until this point I have never driven it hard (3 years old 3300 miles), I can not tell you the sorrow and pain I feel. Nobody was hurt and the damage is only cosmetic.
To get to the meat of this post, I need a very good body shop that has NSX experience in the Chicago or Midwest area. The damage is to the front right fender and front spoiler. The door will also need to be repainted (I do not know if the whole car will need to be repainted). If anyone knows of one any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I've heard good things about Body Werks. http://www.bodywerksauto.com
They charge a bit more than other shops, but do good work.

I would also check with Gerber Auto Collision located one block North of Lake Cook Rd. on Milwaukee Ave.

------------------

2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

Originally posted by nsx1164:
The Last Detail in North Chicago... ask for Steve (sjj28 in these Forums)
847-689-8822

Is this the guy that did your aftermarket work for you? I need a shop that can tackle body kits but do a grade A paint job as well. While I prefer a shop here in Columbus, there does not seem to be a whole lot of aftermarket-experienced shops around and Shy-town is only a 5.5 hour drive. Then again so is D.C. Any help on this matter would be apreciated.

I can name five places in the Chicago-Milwaukee area that have a lot of experience working on NSXs, all of whom are generally well regarded. That being said... If my NSX were damaged tomorrow, I would want it repaired by the most extreme perfectionist body shop I could find, the one that would have the best chance of getting it absolutely right. And that would be The Last Detail. HIGHLY recommended.

Steve Jenkins (SJJ28 on this forum) is the car salesman there, as well as an NSX owner, and he would be happy to assist with making any arrangements for repairs there. You can reach him by phone at the number above.

If you need directions, go to their website here and click on "our location".

Back