• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bose Amp Bypass?

I am looking to repair my factory stereo. I know that I need a new amp. Ramon at Niguel Motors showed me how he did his by just bypassing the speaker wires from the deck to the speakers with an amp, but he does not know the size or wattage he used. Is this right? Any help would be appreciated.

trefive said:
I am looking to repair my factory stereo. I know that I need a new amp.
Not amp - There are 3 amps - one in each door speaker & one in the footwell assembly that drives both the footwell & rear center speakers; they probably all need to be replaced.

Ramon at Niguel Motors showed me how he did his by just bypassing the speaker wires from the deck to the speakers with an amp, but he does not know the size or wattage he used. Is this right? Any help would be appreciated.
I don't see the point of using an external amp with the stock speakers; repair or replace the original amps with same if your intent is to keep the Bose speakers themselves. Most after-market amps are not suited to driving the Bose speakers and it's doubtful you would actually get an improved sound. (Probably the contrary)
If you are looking at after-market speakers, then an external amp is a reasonable proposition. You can find many threads in this forum that demonstrate how to go about that, with some excellent examples of what some mebers have done.

Back