• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Boston or LA?

Celtics or Lakers?

• Celtics

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Lakers

Votes: 45 62.5%

• Total voters
Call it. Celtics or Lakers and in how many?

Celtics are back

LA has no one to stop Paul P. nor K.G.

Celtics in 7 maybe 6 if they can steal one in LA.

GO CELTICS!!!!

celts have a more balanced team. Bryant can guard pierce but they won't be able to stop KG and Allen at the same time. Besides... We all know the west coast is full of sissies. :D

celts have a more balanced team. Bryant can guard pierce but they won't be able to stop KG and Allen at the same time. Besides... We all know the west coast is full of sissies. :D

I tend to disagree, and feel the Lakers are playing the best basketball in the NBA right now. As far as the big three are concerned for Boston, while very talented individually, they have yet to play great together in one game. Its usually one or two at most. Whereas, Bryant.....well MVP, nuff said, and a pretty good supporting cast to boot!

wow....1st game is at Boston but Lakers is only 2.5 point underdog. But the series price is -185 for lakers and +165 for boston. So Lakers is clearly a favorite here :)

Last edited:
Red Sox,
Patriots,
Now the Celtics....uuuggghh.

I have no problem with Boston/New England, but...

Suprised the Bruins arn't vieing for th Stanley Cup.

Spread the wealth.

It's been 25+ years for us saps in Philly...For any sport.

You obviously don't know basketball if you think Boston has the more balanced team.

Point Guard: Derek Fisher/Jordan Farmar vs. Rajon Rando/Sam Cassell - edge to the Lakers
Shooting Guard: Kobe Bryant/Sasha Vujacic vs. Ray Allen/Eddie House - MVP!
Small Forward: Vladimir Radmonavic/Luke Walton vs. Paul Pierce/Posey - advantage Celtics
Power Forward: Lamar Odom/Radmonavic vs. KG/P.J. Brown - closer than you think
Center: Pau Gasol/Ronny Turiaf vs. Kendrick Perkins/Brown - huge advantage for the Lakers
Bench: Farmar/Sasha/Walton/Turiaf/Ariza vs. Cassell/Brown/Posey/House - Laker bench scoring by a huge margin
Coaches: Phil Jackson vs. Doc Rivers - 10 rings vs. 1st time past the first round.

Lakers in 5.

I was with you until the end...:tongue:

Still selling out, eh? What happened to the CP3 bandwagon? Left you stranded?

Power Forward: Lamar Odom/Radmonavic vs. KG/P.J. Brown - closer than you think

I'm sorry man, this is not even close. KG is on another level. You'll eat these words buddy!!! :biggrin:

I am on the Celtics Band Wagon before the season started.
I had no idea that the Lakers will even make it to the Finals.
So now the Lakers are there, Celtics will have have their hands full.
I am a Laker fan at heart since i was a kid.
I have to say LAKERS! but if Boston do win....i will be happy for the big 3 for coming together and winning in their 1st season together.

Look at you guys... 19-5 vote. "Lakers in 5"...

yeah... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!!!

A lot of talk for a team that lost by 13 and by 19 points to the Celtics in the regular season. You all are going DOWN BABY!!! :biggrin:

A lot of talk for a team that lost by 13 and by 19 points to the Celtics in the regular season. You all are going DOWN BABY!!! :biggrin:

Let me make that 20-5. :biggrin:

Yeah, yeah, Celts are 2-0 for the season and 8-2 in NBA finals against the Lakers. Like those stats mean anything. Don't forget that the Celtics haven't played the Lakers with Gasol instead of Kwame.

Celtics couldn't stand by their season record in the playoffs w/ the big boys and when it counts. Lakers in 6 MAX!!

Jeff..going to both home games @ Staples Ctr to witness a Celtics beating.:biggrin:

Lakers in 6 at home :)

Lakers in 6 can't happen at home.

Series is:
2 Boston
3 LA
2 Boston

But I will go out and say Lakers in 5 @ home though. The way the Lakers are playing, nobody will beat them in a 7 game series.

PS - I live in LA and I hate the Lakers (really the obnoxious fans) for the record.

Now we have Gasol. :biggrin: We are complete. Boston going down big time.

It will be ugly too. Almost as ugly as those yellow NSX's some of you have.:cool: (Last statement was a joke by the way for some of you with tight panties) Statement before that about Boston going down is pure fact.

Lakers game 1
Boston game 2
Lakers game 3
Lakers game 4
Lakers game 5

For Boston in the playoff:
1st round: 4-3 against Atlanta (8th seat) :confused:
2nd round: 4-3 against Cleveland
East Final: 4-2 against Detroit

For Lakers in playoff:
1st round: 4-0 against Denver
2nd round: 4-2 against Utah
Western Final: 4-1 against defending champ San Antonio

Boston can't win away game until against Detroit.

You all are nuts. If LA wins I will change my avatar to an LBBP NSX.

Whoa, whoa. Slow your roll buddy. No need to ruin your reputation and have people questioning your sexuality over a sports bet. :tongue:

You're right... I don't know what came over me. I got carried away for a minute. Thanks for the head check.

Here's a preview guys:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gjf9ZK4p8ks&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gjf9ZK4p8ks&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Dude, that youtube clip had Brian Shaw playing defense on Pierce. Shaw hasn't been with the Lakers since Hector was a pup.

Boston knows Kobe is the MVP...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YsXPZVPIjxE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YsXPZVPIjxE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Back