• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Boston or LA?

Celtics or Lakers?

• Celtics

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Lakers

Votes: 45 62.5%

• Total voters
Seeing Pierce play in person last night I wasn't that impressed. The guy is a master of using that off arm to offensively foul without getting caught, he's very clever with the angles and the refs. But this is what great players do, foul without getting caught and drawing fouls.

I took this video.

Sorry Malibu... this comming from a Kobe Bryant fan!! Kobe is the best at using his off arm to hook players and get by them. He does it while driving baseline almost everytime.
I love the fact that Pierce didn't complain about that FOUL when Kobe reached in to deflect the ball. That play is called on anyone else especially when Pierce has the ball (an allstar who had 30+ during the game), but not against Kobe. I could see them not calling the foul if Boston was up, but with Boston only able to tie the game on 2 freethrows at that point the whistle has to blow..
Watch the replay toward the end of the clip..
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xChpS5Es0VA&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xChpS5Es0VA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Kobe playing like crap.. the lakers lose by 10+ points in Boston. I'm actually glad they'll get to win in front of their fans!

Sorry Malibu... this comming from a Kobe Bryant fan!! Kobe is the best at using his off arm to hook players and get by them. He does it while driving baseline almost everytime.

Coming is spelled with one M. :) Anyways, I said this is what great players do. Most players hook, that's nothing special. Pierce pushes and shoves with his off arm more than any player I've seen and he gets away with it. That's very clever. Kobe draws fouls better than almost any other player, he knows what's just enough to get the ref call and he has good body control. I enjoy watching Kobe play, doesn't quite make me a fan. But I can appreciate that he is without a doubt one of the all time greats and I appreciate his skill, but that doesn't make me a fanboy. My sports heroes are Tiger Woods and RJJ.

Pierce can't complain about the fouls because he's been just as guilty and no one is complaining about him. He got 2 very crucial phantom calls in game 4 already. Complain enough about the refs and you get hit with big fat fines, too. Ray Allen once complained that the games were fixed and boy did he ever shut up about that. You think they aren't all thinking about fouls and things like that but just can't say it?

The girl sitting next to me had a pink fancy color rock on her finger probably 3 carats in size.

You could have said "wow that is some ring, do you mind if I take a picture of it to show my girlfriend?" had her hold her hand by her skirt and then got a nice shot of her undies... LOL... I don't know man, be creative. That's what we expect of you. If it was easy then no one would care. It's not about the chick, it's about how creative you can be. I'm giving you an "F" for effort right now. :biggrin:

You could have said "wow that is some ring, do you mind if I take a picture of it to show my girlfriend?" had her hold her hand by her skirt and then got a nice shot of her undies... LOL... I don't know man, be creative. That's what we expect of you. If it was easy then no one would care. It's not about the chick, it's about how creative you can be. I'm giving you an "F" for effort right now. :biggrin:

Umm, no... That would have made the girl I came with mad and she's not bad either...

2331548947_7c2a0a3fde.jpg

I have to agree with the other guys Malibu. You should have gotten a picture of the hot chick. Besides, you ought to be taking a fellow NSXer & basketball fan to the game instead. That way we, I mean you, can talk to all the girls you want. :tongue:

Both Pierce and Kobe are good at drawing fouls. Pierce has this jerky motion to fake contact, kinda like Fish driving to the hoop. But I think the worst offenders in this series have been the role players for the Celtics, PJ and Posey. They've been hanging on Gasol like chado on Kobe's nuts. :biggrin:

Both Pierce and Kobe are good at drawing fouls. Pierce has this jerky motion to fake contact, kinda like Fish driving to the hoop. But I think the worst offenders in this series have been the role players for the Celtics, PJ and Posey. They've been hanging on Gasol like chado on Kobe's nuts. :biggrin:

I'm all out of home game tickets for the year!!! I made it to the opener and the last game of the season and several in betwen.

I don't know if they showed it on TV but there was this really funny free throw situation where Kobe was next to Posey. Kobe would put his hand on Posey's side and then Posey would chop at his arm to get him off. Then Kobe would put it back on Posey, and the same thing happened over and over with each chop getting more violent and physical. PJ is a fouling Frankenstein and I don't know how that guy doesn't get called for his fouls either.

Umm, no... That would have made the girl I came with mad and she's not bad either...

2331548947_7c2a0a3fde.jpg

Who cares about pics of other girls anyway? Pictures are useless. Get the number or leave her alone. What can you do with a picture?
And Bradley you are right bro the girl you were there is not bad at all, glad you had fun and saw your weak lakers win one:biggrin:. My cousins were at the game, they said it was crazy. Now Lakers just need to hurry up and lose so I can win my $500. :biggrin: :biggrin:

If the Lakers play the same kind of defense they played in the last game they are done. Garnett had a horrible game, Rondo was a non-factor and the only reason Gasol did better was because Perkins was out and he outmuscles Gasol.

Anyway the Celtics can come back from any deficit with their defense so LA needs to keep its foot on the gas pedal for 48 minutes in order to have a shot.

Last I heard Perkins might still be out of tonights game. If that's true then might be a nail biter again because Gasol wont have anyone pushing him around. Lakers tend to fall apart mentally, Celtics seem to be doing it physically. :tongue: :rolleyes: :biggrin:

I just voted. Boston's up by 34 points in the fourth quarter of game 6. Is that cheating? :biggrin:

Seriously, though, I'm surprised by how many people voted for the Lakers, considering how much better the Celtics have done this year, etc. I guess it's a reflection of how many more people live in SoCal than in the Boston area, combined with the natural tendency of local fans to have a high opinion of their local team and its players, regardless of whether or not that opinion is justified.

Congratulations to the Celtics and their fans!

Im a Laker fan and I rooted for the Celtics this year. My friends keep bagging on me for switching sides. I saw the people the Celtics had and thought they got a good chance to win it all. The Lakers had a chance but they were too young IMO. They didn't even get Gasol until mid season. Next year with Bynum back, Lakers will be a scary team. And yes now that KG, Pierce, and Allen have their rings. Im done, no one left to cheer for so I am back with the Lakers.

Grats to the Celtics for a great year!

Lakers will be back next year!
Go Lakers!

The only reason why I thought the Lakers would be able to beat the Celtics was because of how good the bench played all season. All season, the Celtics had a very slim bench and Lakers had a decently stacked one. Once the Finals hit, it reversed and you have guys like House and Posey hitting big shots.

What a game. I'm happy for KG, Pierce, and Allen. Long awaited rings :smile:

The West was a MUCH tougher conference than the East so it's natural that people would pick the Lakers. What they didn't count on was the triangle being neutralized. Doc Rivers had this figured out. It was a fast switching defense that concentrated on Kobe and the support players for the Lakers were unable to answer. For the Lakers to win, the other starters or bench players had to step up. And you only saw that in a few games for short stretches. It's really quite simple and Doc's gamble paid off. Make the other players beat you, but they could not. Gasol according to all was scared. Everyone else just showed up at random moments but couldn't hold it together.

Still, it was a close series and a Lakers team with Bynum would have been a totally different opponent. The truth is it could have easily gone either way. So Boston fans, don't be so conceited about a blowout here because it wasn't.

You're kidding right? 39 points isn't a blowout? The Celtics played well for one half in each of the first 5 games, heck even the first 3 series, that's why the games were close. Last night was a true showing of their ability.

Also, re: the Jordan or Bryant thread, I think the answer is obvious now. MJ would never allow that to happen.

Looks like I'll be taking tomorrow off, I've got a parade to go to...

[/IMG]
You obviously don't know basketball if you think Boston has the more balanced team.

Point Guard: Derek Fisher/Jordan Farmar vs. Rajon Rando/Sam Cassell - edge to the Lakers
Shooting Guard: Kobe Bryant/Sasha Vujacic vs. Ray Allen/Eddie House - MVP!
Small Forward: Vladimir Radmonavic/Luke Walton vs. Paul Pierce/Posey - advantage Celtics
Power Forward: Lamar Odom/Radmonavic vs. KG/P.J. Brown - closer than you think
Center: Pau Gasol/Ronny Turiaf vs. Kendrick Perkins/Brown - huge advantage for the Lakers
Bench: Farmar/Sasha/Walton/Turiaf/Ariza vs. Cassell/Brown/Posey/House - Laker bench scoring by a huge margin
Coaches: Phil Jackson vs. Doc Rivers - 10 rings vs. 1st time past the first round.

Lakers in 5.

Hmmmm..... I think you were wrong on every count including the coach and my "not knowing" basketball. :wink:

RAPPLocerk_627_0806171.jpg
[/IMG]

And you already forgot about this post.. wrong on EVERY count so far in this series most notably the last prediction...
In this series so far:

Fisher-Farmar < Rondo, Cassell - and it aint even close, I feel for D-Fish
Kobe-Sasha = Ray Allen - Allen has basically cancelled out the MVP's numbers
Vlad Rad-Luke Walton < Pierce-Posey - and it aint even close
Odum-Vlad Rad < KG-PJ - This is laughable
Pau-Turiaf < Powe-Perkins - close, Pau playing well

Imagine that a Laker fan overrating his team..
Hmmmm..... I think you were wrong on every count including the coach and my "not knowing" basketball. :wink:

I can't quite make out what it says on their shirts and hats.. maybe someone could help..
celeb17.jpg

that game was gayer than the other game, if LA was going to loose that bad they should have saved themselves some dignity and just threw the game at home on game 5

Another local? We've had a lot of parades lately... too bad the Pats BLEW IT BIG TIME.... sigh.....

Yep the Pats loss was devastating...I think the fact that the parade was planned before the Superbowl kinda jinxed them. I can't wait to see how they respond next season.

Until then, we'll just have to keep dominating like usual...

Last night's game was UGLY!:mad:

It was totally embarrasing to be a Lakers fan!:frown:

Celtics deserves to be the champions!

Last edited:
You're kidding right? 39 points isn't a blowout? The Celtics played well for one half in each of the first 5 games, heck even the first 3 series, that's why the games were close. Last night was a true showing of their ability.

I meant the series wasn't a blowout. Last night's game was. There were 2 really easy games the Lakers could have won which meant they would have won the championship. It's a lot closer than you think...

Also, re: the Jordan or Bryant thread, I think the answer is obvious now. MJ would never allow that to happen.

Right... :rolleyes:

Back