• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Botanical Gardens - Saturday 6/5

I was talking with Jadkar and he expressed an interest in going to the Botanical Gardens in the Bronx next Saturday (weather permitting). If anyone else is interested, please post here and we can coordinate. It is best to get there when it opens at 10:00 before it gets too crowded and parking becomes difficult.

Here are some photos taken today and a link to one of my galleries if you have never been there. If you enjoy photography, this is a great place to get some shots that you may never find anywhere else. I have also included a link to their website.

http://photography.robertondrovic.com/gallery/71801/5/4639027

http://www.nybg.org/

4639180-L.jpg

4639016-L.jpg

4639019-L.jpg

4639025-L.jpg

4639032-L.jpg

4639185-L.jpg

4639027-L.jpg

Forget the flowers Bob

Both you and Jadkar should go on both Saturday and Sunday to the Greenwich Concours, it's a great show, and if the weather's nice, it's a beautiful show. I plan on going on Saturday, on Sunday I'm heading up to Yong's area of the NE region, so I can't make it on both days. There's a large enclosure in today's NY Times on the Greenwich concours, I've gone the past 4 years and loved it each time!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I will be in Greenwich next weekend for the concours. RPM is right, it is a great show.

If you are not into pre WWII cars, Sunday is the better day for you.

There is a link to the concours website at www.nsxuppereast.com

If anyone is around we will be at the Hyatt - Greenwich, Friday and Saturday nights.

Rich

And after you take pictures of the flowers

Why don't the 2 of you join Rich and me at the Concours and take some pictures that will inspire you to greater heights!!! (photographically speaking that is!!:) ) I expect to get there around 12:30 as I will be in your neck of the woods playing tennis earlier!! Hope to see you both:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

change in plans

Because I need to get my brakes done before Lime Rock next weekend, we will be going to the Botanical Gardens on Sunday morning. Looks like the concours will have to be held in my absence. Try not to miss me too much.

Last edited:
Re: change in plans

RSO 34 said:
Because I need to get my brakes down before Lime Rock next weekend, we will be going to the Botanical Gardens on Sunday morning. Looks like the concours will have to be held in my absence. Try not to miss me too much.

It will be held in your absence, it just won't be the same without you. If you're going to the Gardens on Sunday, why not the Concours on Saturday????????????????????:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Roger,

If you are in the area Friday night. Stop by for a drink at the Hyatt. We will be visiting friends at the bar. I have sent a private message with my cell number.

Hi Bob/ RSO

Anne and youself would love the old Brass period cars displayed on Sat. Amanda and I will be there pre opening viewing friend's cars. You will be able to get some great pre opening shots.

Tony,
Get in touch when in Grrenwich.

Rich

Rich

check your previous post

RSO 34 said:
What part of "I need to get my brakes done" did you not understand? ;)

On your previous post you stated that you needed to "get your brakes down", I didn't understand that, but I let it slide, your insolence I cannot let slide. Get them done in the morning while I'm playing tennis, and then go to the Concours, come on counselor, be proactive!!!!!!

I checked my previous post and it reads "done" to me. Now go hassle Larry B because he is the one who is doing my brakes on Saturday.

p.s. I am impressed with your use of "insolence." I am glad to see that Amazon finally delivered your thesaurus.

Priapism!;)

I'm afraid to jump in the middle of these posts. But what the heck. Count me in for the BG on Sunday.

I checked my previous post and it reads "done" to me.
Bob must have had a senior moment....that seems to be going around these days :D:D

Last edited:
I must say, the entertainment value around here just gets better every day:)

You guys are killin' me:D:D:D:D

LarryB

PS. Hassling will get you nowhere:):)

Anyone going to the Player Run send off at the INTREPID aircraft carrier ?

Saturday June 5th
Departure from USS Intrepid (Passing through Times Square) 8:30am
46th St. / 1 Intrepid Square
NY, NY

Hope you can join us Tony. So far it is me and the bride, Pete and the lovely Sylvia, John and Karen and The Don. We plan on getting there right around 10 when it opens. I don't know if anyone is bringing their NSX so don't necessarily look for one when you pull into the parking lot. I won't have mine and will be driving John and Karen down.

RSO 34 said:
Hope you can join us Tony. So far it is me and the bride, Pete and the lovely Sylvia, John and Karen and The Don. We plan on getting there right around 10 when it opens. I don't know if anyone is bringing their NSX so don't necessarily look for one when you pull into the parking lot. I won't have mine and will be driving John and Karen down.

Maybe we could all do lunch at Frankie n Johnny's Pine tavern.

I was thinking that if it turns out to be a sunny day, we can head back to my house to have a BBQ, go for a swim, etc.

Wow, looks like we're gonna have a great turn out. You could also invite Rich H, he'll be in the area. Oh wait, he probably has a class;) ;) ;)

sure, that's nice!!

RSO 34 said:
I was thinking that if it turns out to be a sunny day, we can head back to my house to have a BBQ, go for a swim, etc.

You know that I'm going to be away, so then you invite everyone to your house for a swim and BBQ, etc. Why don't you do it when you know I CAN come!!!
It seems that Sunday will be the nicer day, and that you chose the right day to have your "brakes down"!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Priapism!
I thought this was a family forum, there is way too much gadzookery around here!! Remind me not to stand in front of the Doctor:D:D:D

Back