• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake bleed/brake pedal pressure question with engine On or Off

The sequence is different because the brake system is cross routed. In other words, the right rear and left front are one circuit, and the left rear and right front is the other circuit. This is a safety feature so if one circuit fails the car will still stop straight and not pull.

This concept has been in use for longer then I can remember, to the "furthest away first" sequence is quite obsolete:).

HTH,
LarryB

The sequence is different because the brake system is cross routed. In other words, the right rear and left front are one circuit, and the left rear and right front is the other circuit. This is a safety feature so if one circuit fails the car will still stop straight and not pull.

This concept has been in use for longer then I can remember, to the "furthest away first" sequence is quite obsolete:).

HTH,
LarryB

I suspected something along these lines, but I've always done it the way I described, and besides, why look at a manual when I already know everything? :redface:

I guess I'm showing my advancing age . . .

Thanks for the clarification.

Back