• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake problem

I need some advice. My brake peddle goes all the way to the floor if I step on it easy. If I hit it fast or pump it it works okay. I think my master cylinder is gone. I've got 149,00 miles on my 1992 baby. Any advice or further tests I should perform before I replace it?

Does anyone have a souce for a new one. My local Acura dealer gave me a price of $315 for the part. Is this a good price?

Thanks for any help you can give,
Warren

Last edited:
whwnsx said:
I need some advice. My brake peddle goes all the way to the floor if I step on it easy. If I hit it fast or pump it it works okay. I think my master cylinder is gone. I've got 149,00 miles on my 1992 baby. Any advice or further tests I should perform before I replace it?

Does anyone have a souce for a new one. My local Acura dealer gave me a price of $315 for the part. Is this a good price?

Thanks for any help you can give,
Warren
There is a test method written in the service manual. It could also be the check valve in the engine compartment. It's attached to the 25mm hose on the side of the coolant bottle. My bet.. master cylinder.. but it won't hurt to check the entire system out first. Check fluid levels too

Thanks for the input guys. The only question I have is the parts list on Delray Acura shows 2 diferent part numbers. Which one should I order?

Price sounds good at $252.46.

whwnsx said:
Thanks for the input guys. The only question I have is the parts list on Delray Acura shows 2 diferent part numbers. Which one should I order?

Price sounds good at $252.46.

Call Delray Acura parts dept at 561-265-0000 Option 3 and ask for Ciro and tell him you're a friend of mine from NSXPrime. He will take of it for you. Sometimes two different part numbers for the same part mean that the lower part number has been superceded with the higher one or sometimes it can mean that one is for an automatic and once for a manual car etc...

Have your VIN handy when you call.

Back