• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake question...

One step at a time man... lol! :biggrin:

The way to go is powdercoating. Maybe over the winter I'll get to it. I just want to drive the car and enjoy it this summer. :)

Just pulling you chain man. Nice job. :wink:
I know... :) Thanks. The brakes on this car are the easiest ever to do. Plenty of room in there for the impact gun. Made things so much simpler...

I have so many projects going on right now, I need to just enjoy this for now and keep it on the road.

Hey Capt,

I can't get the wearever Gold either, just Duralast. I think MAYBE this description from their site is wrong and regular gold shouldn't be listed as ceramic. Duralast=Wearever?

Duralast Gold Cmax / Brake Pads - Front $54.99
Part Number: DGC503
Weight: 4.75 lbs
Warranty: LLT
Notes: Ceramic Ultra Quiet - Premium ceramic pad with a patented nitrile rubber shim, includes disc-brake hardware kit

Duralast Gold / Brake Pads - Front $33.99
Part Number: DG503
Weight: 4.5 lbs
Notes: Ceramic
Friction Material Type: Enhanced Platform Specific Friction
Wear Sensor: Yes
Shim: Stainless Steel Constraint Layer Shim

Duralast / Brake Pads - Front $18.99
Part Number: MKD503
Weight: 4.35 lbs
Notes: Semi-metallic
Friction Material Type: Platform Specific Friction
Wear Sensor: Yes
Friction: None

Last edited:
Who knows, but the OEM pads are Nissin. Truth of the matter is that if they are for the street, they will work fine.

BTW: I think the Wearever Golds came from Advanced Auto Parts. They said "made in Mexico" on the pad backing. :)

I'm going to try the AEM or Nissin next.

Apparently wearever pads are available in autozone also, just not the ones I have access too lol. We also don't have any advanced autoparts west of colorado. Shame.

Shame they don't make a NSX F/R pad. :mad:

The make a Front only Carbon Metallic.
Update:

After a visit to Performance Friction in South Carolina yesterday, they will be gearing up to make BOTH the "Z-Rated" Carbon Metallic street pads as well as RACE PADS for the stock NSX caliper!!!

Your prayers have been answered!

I'm looking to see what race pad compound everyone is interested in for the NSX. Either the world-renown PFC "01" compound pad or a more endurace (and streetable) "06" compound.

01 Compound:

-Commonly used in many racing series from ALMS, NASCAR, Indy Car, Grand-Am, etc...
-One of the most popular race compounds in the PFC's arsenal.
-Slightly higher bite and torque for the first 2/3's of the stop than 83 compound. At the end of the stop.
-Has less torque scatter for improved modulation with excellent release and a flat torque curve.
-Very easy on the discs with very low wear, on par with 83 compounds.

NASCAR Short Track and Road Course, NASCAR Speedway and Intermediate, All Oval Track Race series, IndyCar, Professional GT, Daytona Prototype, SCCA Racing, Porsche/BMW/Corvette/Viper Club Racing

06 Compound:

-Very similar to PFC 01 for both bite and torque, within 4% of those values.
-Excellent release and control with very low wear.
-Very low abraded disc wear.
-An excellent alternative to other brands of endurance compounds but with much higher performance.
-Excellent for club racing type shapes as well in OE brake calipers where ABS is used.
-*More of an endurance compound than the 01, longer lasting, (subjective my opinion - probably more comparable to an XP8/XP10 in terms of streetability and noise, but the 06 is used in many top level endurace racing series).

Endurance Sportscar and GT, NASCAR Short Track and Road Course Rear, NASCAR Speedway and Intermediate Rear, All Oval Track Race series Rear, SCCA Racing, Porsche/BMW Club Racing, Track Day and Driver Education events

I think the 06 would probably be a better application for those who don't want to change their pads at the track and want them to last longer for both street/track use.

Whose interested?

You can read more about Performance Friction and their pads and rotors on their website as well as MotoIQ.com's website - an article of how to rebuild your brake calipers and change your pads and rotors:

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_arti...cleid/1692/how-to-rebuild-brake-calipers.aspx

http://www.PerformanceFriction.com

Billy

Last edited:
Assuming I'm reading this right and they'll be making both front and rear pads, I'd be very willing to try a set of 06 Compound pads after I burn through my Hawks...

+1. OEM rear choices are limited and I'd like to get set of 06s.

ETA of these? Hopefully before spring. :)

Last edited:
Back