• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake Zone / Wilwood BBK

The ready for production - Wilwood big brake kit. Pic's to follow...

I recently ran with this set up at the Cal Coastal Autocross and it performed awesome! No proportioning valves needed.

two kits should be available but Sherwin will need to verify configuration, price, availability. He can be reached at The Brake Zone at 818.781-7777 I am told the price will BLOW AWAY :eek: any other 4 corner set up on the market...so those of you who have been waiting to modify your brakes because you couldn't afford it should jump now! This is a very friendly streetable / trackable set up...just quickly change your pads and you have a different animal!

Kit 1:
Front: 2- 2 piece13" Directionally vented, plated, drilled and slotted rotors (With hats); Pads (your choice of ~12 different compounds); 2- 6 piston Wilwood calipers; 2- SS brake lines; 2-mounting brackets and all necessary hardware.

Rear: 2- 13" Directionally vented, plated, drilled and slotted rotors (With hats); 2- mounting brackets (to relocate OEM calipers over 13" rotors; 2- SS brake lines; and all necessary hardware.

Kit 2:
Front: 2- 13" Directionally vented, plated, drilled and slotted rotors (With Hats); Pads (your choice of ~12 different compounds);2- 6 piston Wilwood calipers; 2- SS brake lines; 2-mounting brackets and all necessary hardware.

Rear:
2- 13" Directionally vented, plated, drilled and slotted rotors (With hats); Pads (your choice of ~12 different compounds);2- 4 piston Wilwood calipers; 2- SS brake lines; 2-mounting brackets and all necessary hardware.

Re: Re: Brake Zone / Wilwood BBK

2slow2speed said:
Do they have templates to check for wheel clearance?
Any more details in regards to the rotors? Floating hat design?

More details please..

Ken

No the hats are fixed. the Calipers have pistons on both sides of the rotor, so neither the rotor nor the hat need to float.

You can call Sherwin for more info.

Pics

Posting pics for Craig:
Front
wildwoodbrake_front.jpg

Rear
wildwoodbrake_rear.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Craig.

I agree with ANYTIME. Craig's car is definitely 1BADNSX. His car just screams "DON'T F*** WITH ME!" Now that he has those brakes installed... it's even worse...

Beautiful machine Craig...

KGP, do you have pics of Craig's brake setup for the fronts?

POWERED by HONDA said:
Thanks for the info Craig.

I agree with ANYTIME. Craig's car is definitely 1BADNSX. His car just screams "DON'T F*** WITH ME!" Now that he has those brakes installed... it's even worse...

Beautiful machine Craig...

KGP, do you have pics of Craig's brake setup for the fronts?

The first pic is the front, and the second is the rear(you can see the parking brake caliper).

Craig, thank you so much for posting the pics. Thats the first time i have seen the rear fully assembled :)

I cant believe its taken so long, but with both of our busy schedules we could only take baby steps in finishing this. Thankfully, it paid off. Looks like everything fits like a glove. You guys cant even imagine what it took to get that rear set up finished. The emergency brake caliper turned out to be one big pain in the neck. Thanks to Craigs ingenuity and dedication, he has got it working without a hitch.

Now for the fun stuff. How much does this all cost? As mentioned above, there are two complete 4 wheel versions available. Both versions include the 13" x 1.1" directionally vaned 2 piece rotor up front mated to a 6 piston caliper. (Craigs kit as well as Tans kit were the prototypes. The actualy rotors do not look exactly the same. If you notice, there is a small unswept area on the inner area of the rotor. The new design uses a larger "hat" and makes up the unused space.)

The first version of the kit uses a relocation bracket to move the OEM caliper in the rear to accomodate a 13" x .810" directionally vaned two piece rotor. It also comes with longer steel braided brake lines to allow for easy pad changes without stressing the hose. In addition to all the hardware needed to full convert the front over, it includes steel braided lines for the front and rear as well as brake pads front and rear. $2850 for all 4 wheels!!!

The second version incorporates a 4 piston caliper in addition to a seperate emergency brake caliper designed to work with the same 13" rotor. This version includes all the hardware to convert both front and rear systems completely over. Steel braided lines and pads are also included front and rear. $3850 for all four calipers and rotors.

Both versions have specific piston diameter sizes on the calipers to insure OEM pedal height and feel without the need of a proportioning valve or residual valves. Most importantly, we have been able to do this without ruining the bias and balance of the car.

All of our rotors are available with any face pattern you would like, slotted only, cross drilled and slotted, or just blanks. They are all CAD plated silver to resist corrosion as well as cryogenically frozen to extend their life as well as create a smoother surface for the pad to bond too. Smoother surface = larger contact patch ;)

If you guys have any questions or concerns feel free to email me at [email protected] or call me at the shop.

Thanks
Sherwin

I do have one concern though. The thickness of the rotors is only 20mm on this Wilwood kit. It is even thinner than the stock rotors. I thought you should at least have 28mm rotors. Am I wrong?
Steve

Back