• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brake Zone / Wilwood BBK

more pics

Thanks to sherwin to allow me to be the sole distributor of this great kit. If interested please see my special in this forum.

Tan: So do the Wilwoods all come of the new design which allowed you to get by without spacers, or is this effectively an "option" to the kit?

KGP said:
Tan: So do the Wilwoods all come of the new design which allowed you to get by without spacers, or is this effectively an "option" to the kit?

I gave them my wheel specs and they customized the 13" rotors/hat and calipers.

Tan

Juice said:
So how much more did it cost to have that done?

No, it did not. I was one of the first to get the original set up on an NSX so the specs were a little off for the 4 piston front set up. Now with this 6 piston set up the measurements were correct. I think SWR group buy set up is for the 6 piston set up.

Tan

docofmind said:
As Craig mentioned, Wilwood offers a complete range of brake pads manufactured by Raybestos. They offer everything from a completely dust/noise free ceramic street pad to an all out endurance ready race pad.

This brings up another great point regarding Wilwood components. Replacement parts are also inexpensive. The brake pads start at about $75 per set while replacement rotors start at $150 a piece compared to $300 a piece from Brembo or AP.

Sherwin is Top Notch!

Tan

Tantheman said:
Sherwin is Top Notch!

Tan

I couldn't agree more - his judgement and frequent advice carries serious weight with me. Really knowledgable, friendly, very into what he does and a generally cool person on top of all that.

Ryan

RyanITV said:
I couldn't agree more - his judgement and frequent advice carries serious weight with me. Really knowledgable, friendly, very into what he does and a generally cool person on top of all that.

Ryan
Sherwin has defiantly done his homework with the design of these brakes. I am also very grateful that he allowed me to be his sole distributor for the nsx kit. Please see swr bbk special. These kits are being sold at cost for the sole purpose of getting the kit out in the nsx community. As people install these kits their performance will speak for themselves. My opinion could seen as biased being the distributor, but Tan can answer questions about their performance. Earnest will be installing his set, and once jason gets his monster back from fx will be giving their reviews.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26932
Thanks
Mike SWR

LOL!!! Okay ANYTIME, so what gives? Why in the world would you bump a 6 year old thread? :confused::confused::confused:They don't even sell these anymore. And SWR is dead and gone! And unfortunately, I believe the actual creator of this setup (Sherwin) passed away some time ago. A real nice guy.

However, I do have this entire setup sitting on a workbench in my basement, waiting on wheels that can properly clear them.

Last edited:
LOL!!! Okay ANYTIME, so what gives? Why in the world would you bump a 6 year old thread? :confused::confused::confused:They don't even sell these anymore. And SWR is dead and gone! And unfortunately, I believe the actual creator of this setup (Sherwin) passed away some time ago. A real nice guy.

However, I do have this entire setup sitting on a workbench in my basement, waiting on wheels that can properly clear them.

My bad. I was looking at some of my old posts and came on this thread and thought I would bump it because the brakes seemed like a nice product and that's it :redface:

5 year old thread

Last edited:

How did he die? I think I may have known him... :frown:

Sherwin was a very nice man! RIP

9396NSX_6.JPG

9396NSX5.JPG

LOL!!! Okay ANYTIME, so what gives? Why in the world would you bump a 6 year old thread? They don't even sell these anymore. And SWR is dead and gone! And unfortunately, I believe the actual creator of this setup (Sherwin) passed away some time ago. A real nice guy.

Maybe, ANYTIME will start the post again of his F1 sounding muffler build.

LOL!!! Okay ANYTIME, so what gives? Why in the world would you bump a 6 year old thread? They don't even sell these anymore. And SWR is dead and gone! And unfortunately, I believe the actual creator of this setup (Sherwin) passed away some time ago. A real nice guy.

Maybe, ANYTIME will start the post again of his F1 sounding muffler build.

My bad. I was looking at some of my old posts and came on this thread and thought I would bump it because the brakes seemed like a nice product and that's it :redface:

Not entirely sure. I believe Sherwin put together the kit for Brake Zone. When I was at SEMA I stopped by the Wilwood booth and talked to them about a better parking brake solution. They had no idea of a NSX specific kit, but they weren't surprised either. Nor could they suggest a parking brake solution.

Not entirely sure. I believe Sherwin put together the kit for Brake Zone. When I was at SEMA I stopped by the Wilwood booth and talked to them about a better parking brake solution. They had no idea of a NSX specific kit, but they weren't surprised either. Nor could they suggest a parking brake solution.

Sherwin developed the brackets and adapters himself.

Sherwin developed the brackets and adapters himself.

Whoa. A legend came back to post here on Prime.

Did you meet Sherwin back from your s2ki days with the black S? I spoke with him about the Wilwood kit for my S back then. He sure was a nice guy.

Shocked to see RyanITV post here too. Man that was years ago I almost bought his NSX. In retrospect, I should have.

Sorry to bring up such an old post but does anyone know where I can find the replacement rotors for this kit? i know the fronts are 13" x 1.1" and the rears are 13" x 0.810", however i am not able to locate these on the wilwood website. Any help or leads would be great, thanks!

Back