• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brand new 2005 Black/Black NSX at Marin Acura

Thanks for the pics, 1K2GO. One of these days I will have to make a pilgrimage to Marin Acura to check out this car in person. My 93 was in the same show room floor at one point in its life. :)

It has signs posted all over it: 'Not For Sale'. The GM told me they have turned down offers in excess of $100K but the owner is not selling.

Turned down offers in excess of $100K... wow.

This reminds me the 95 with about 15K miles over at Grace Honda, they had that car for at least 5 years now, it is for sale but hasn't sold (I think due to the asking price too high).

The reason why people don't drive these machines -which were designed for driving- mostly boils down to ego stroking and inherent insecurities with the owners. It's no different than collecting a trophy and feeling warm and fuzzy inside having other people drool and envy your possessions.

Amazing car but not logical at all having an ultra-low mile car just sit like that. It'll probably be worth 200k tops after 50 years. Worth it when you're lying six feet deep?

The reason why people don't drive these machines -which were designed for driving- mostly boils down to ego stroking and inherent insecurities with the owners. It's no different than collecting a trophy and feeling warm and fuzzy inside having other people drool and envy your possessions.

Amazing car but not logical at all having an ultra-low mile car just sit like that. It'll probably be worth 200k tops after 50 years. Worth it when you're lying six feet deep?

uh...

hatorade.jpg

Last edited:
The reason why people don't drive these machines -which were designed for driving- mostly boils down to ego stroking and inherent insecurities with the owners.

That's a ballsy third post.... LOL...

crumpets cream and trolling:rolleyes:

We do not know the owner personally, maybe he has 5 other NSXs at home? There is nothing wrong with what he did, if I was rich enough I would buy 3. First I would keep stock and drive across the country at least once a year, 2dn would be driven and modified and 3rd would be 100% stock and parked in my basement...

Thanks for the pics, 1K2GO. One of these days I will have to make a pilgrimage to Marin Acura to check out this car in person. My 93 was in the same show room floor at one point in its life. :)

My '91 too!

We do not know the owner personally, maybe he has 5 other NSXs at home? There is nothing wrong with what he did, if I was rich enough I would buy 3. First I would keep stock and drive across the country at least once a year, 2dn would be driven and modified and 3rd would be 100% stock and parked in my basement...
Agreed Brylek! :) Some people like to preserve history, and there's nothing wrong with that. I'm glad that they do, so future generations can appreciate the past.

My '91 too!
High_5.gif

When I began my search for an NSX earlier this year, I visited the Marin Acura showroom and this black beauty is still there. One of the sales guys let me and my wife sit in it. He said it gets driven (very minimally) every few weeks when they need to shuffle cars around in the showroom. And it's definitely not for sale.

Wow! The car is still there?! Very cool!

I remembered this black 05 back in 07-08 when walking into Marin acura to look at a used red/black 05 they had listed for sale.

Would make a great addition parked next to my clean driver as a all original investment piece or just for the novelty!

LOL^^^^^^^speedo shot. That thing is collecting heavy dust.

Yeah, you'd think you'd have your lot boy clean the thing once in awhile if you were going to make it a museum piece...
Also might want to put it up against a wall and rope it off....

Btw, if I owned an Acura dealership I would have done the same thing but with a 91, 95, 97 and 2002:tongue:

Back