• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brand new 2005 Black/Black NSX at Marin Acura

Quite the conundrum; A pristine example of a car NOT for sale in a showroom full of cars that are.

My E63 AMG came from Beverly Hills Mercedes and they drilled it right into the front bumper. Four holes. :(

Most of the new Acuras are like that. The front bumpers have dimples that you drill into to hold the top of the bracket.

I saw this car back in 2006 when I bought my RSX from Marin Acura. I'm both surprised and pleased to hear the car is still there!

Great, a brand new NSX that already needs a timing belt.
My honest mechanical opinion, most likey not. I doubt theres enough tension to stretch that belt while setting there. Those belts are incredibly strong. I'm doubting the car would need anything, except a battery.

My honest mechanical opinion, most likey not. I doubt theres enough tension to stretch that belt while setting there. Those belts are incredibly strong. I'm doubting the car would need anything, except a battery.

I agree... even the hoses look brand new. This car can be driven "as new."

I don't know why you guys care how the car is maintained - its not for sale and he does own a dealership so I'm sure he has the resource to maintain it properly. Dust never hurt anyone. If I owned a dealership I would also show it off, but I would definitely rope it off for sure. Great way to get people to "talk" about the old and upcoming new car!

People who have money don't really give a rats us about how we think anyways, a big reason why they are rich probably! :)

But I'm glad he is showing it off and *gasp, look we are talking about it here!

P.S. I have my 2009 GPW s2000 (heavily modded) listed for $52k on s2ki right now and tons of haters but guess what, it draws TONS OF VIEWS and people are talking about it so I guess my plan is working :)

I'm sure this black NSX owner will sell at the right price but I agree it's worth way more than $100k, bet he will take $150k for the car?

I bet that thing will be worth double in 10 years.
The last model NSX with no miles in perfect condition.
$200,000 in 10 years. Mark my words.
That's quite reasonable if you have an annual inflation rate of 7%. :)

I was half kidding of course (if only because the '05 timing belt service is, I believe, 9 years/90K miles, which gives another two years on the subject car), however, if Honda recommends changing the belt based on the lesser of time or miles, and the time has expired, it wouldn't matter if the car were driven 5 miles, 500 miles, or 50,000 miles, it's time to change the belt. The compounds that make up the belt have a finite shelf life whether they are moving or not, which is why the service interval on the belt has an age component as well as a mileage component. Does it really need to be changed? Where's Nostradamus when you need him? Personally if I were dropping coin on that car to drive, I would not take any chances.

The NSX has a front license plate frame from Honda that bolts in from the bottom, so no holes or marks on the bumper. Dealers in CA don't generally put dealership stickers or plates on the body of the car. Some I've seen even put holes in the bumper/body to affix the plate! I always wondered how dealers in other states got away with that.

My E63 AMG came from Beverly Hills Mercedes and they drilled it right into the front bumper. Four holes. :(

Wasn't referring to the front bumper license plate holes, but the holes that some dealers put into the trunklid, rear bumper, etc, to affix their dealer nameplates.

That poor, poor car must be bored out of its mind

(yes, i like to pretend objects have a mind of their own :biggrin:)

I was in the area today and so I popped in for a look. When I first walked into the showroom, there was an unattended small child sitting in the passenger seat.
I spoke with the GM and he told me the owner never drives it, it has all original fluids and is NOT maintained other than keeping the battery charged. The battery was dead or disconnected today.
It is immaculate other than the paw prints. I asked the GM why they don't rope it off and he told me they want to "keep it friendly".
DSC00227-9.jpg

DSC00226-8.jpg

DSC00238-6.jpg

DSC00230-9.jpg

DSC00232-7.jpg

DSC00239-6.jpg

DSC00229-7.jpg

Keep it friendly?! F*** that! Kids will be all over it and damage it real quick too. There's not another one like this anywhere!

Back