• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Brand new 2005 Black/Black NSX at Marin Acura

I was at Marin Acura yesterday to help a buddy purchase a new MDX and in the showroom I spotted a black 2002+ NSX. Thinking it was a used one for sale, I checked the interior and it was brand new. Looking at the odometer, it had a 152 miles on it! The window sticker was on the passenger side window revealing it was a still brand new, never titled, 2005 model. This may possibly be the newest 2005 remaining in the country. The car has a sign on the dashboard that it's not for sale. The owner of the dealer owns the car. Was told that a few offers of over $100K were turned down. Amazing find though. Window sticker with VIN included for reference.

marinnsx01.jpg

marinnsx02.jpg

marinnsx03.jpg

marinnsx04.jpg

marinnsx05.jpg

WOW! :eek: That's NEAT :)

I don't know what's so amazing about people like this. There is 10 year old gas, nothing gets run or set in motion, waste of a car. It's not like it will be worth 200 k one day.

I don't know what's so amazing about people like this. There is 10 year old gas, nothing gets run or set in motion, waste of a car. It's not like it will be worth 200 k one day.

My thoughts exactly.

Black on black, OMG I'm in love. Teehee teehee. Too bad if you bought it, you could not drive it for you would ruin it's pristine quality.

Miles are a little high for me. ;)

Seriously, if I was buying one to be a collector car, I would buy the 52 mile Formula Red 1991 NSX that a member here on Prime has before this one.

Why would a dealer waste valuable floor space for a car they are not looking to sell? Not to mention it makes the current lineup look dull.

The car owner owns the dealership, so he doesn't care. Plus he probably wants it there to draw traffic to his dealership to try to sell the current dull Acura cars. :)

The car owner owns the dealership, so he doesn't care. Plus he probably wants it there to draw traffic to his dealership to try to sell the current dull Acura cars. :)

agree

What a dumb place to keep a car like that. If that dealership is anything like the one I worked at, there are plenty of kids on a daily basis running around there with parents that don't care. They run their hands down the length of the cars and climb in and out of them. I'm sure this NSX is locked, but still.

If I owned the dealership, and was an NSX nut, I sure as heck would keep a 'new' one in the showroom....but it would be roped off so that nobody could touch it. What a great, climate controlled, way to preserve your car! Plus, if you need it maintained, just take it the 10 feet to the service drive and get it done.

If I owned this car and the dealership, I'd think at some point my motivitions for doing this could be to stir up questions and hopeful interest in the new NSX that I expect to be selling soon, and to maybe secondarily get a feel for what my car's currently worth in case anticipation over the new NSX bumps up values. Whether intentional or not, saying something's not for sale is also a great way to stir up interest. Though leaving it dusty and not putting roping it off is curious, as some of you have already said! I don't know NSX license plate frame options too well but I really hope the frame isn't leaving rub marks on the bumper or is screwed thru the bumper. And to the owner/dealership's credit, there's no "Marin Acura" sticker on the bumper!

... I don't know NSX license plate frame options too well but I really hope the frame isn't leaving rub marks on the bumper or is screwed thru the bumper. And to the owner/dealership's credit, there's no "Marin Acura" sticker on the bumper!

I was thinking the EXACT same thing. As I recall, it attaches underneath the bumper cover's top edge, but still rubs on the bumper. So there may be some creasing going on. Hopefully not, but it depends on how tightly it was put on. I would leave it off. I mean, it is INSIDE the showroom, so advertising the dealership is a bit redundant at that point.

lol what's with all the hate on this car/owner?

He keeps it in there to attract people into the showroom, or to add to the brand image/prestige of the other Acura vehicles they are selling. Sure this effect may not be as strong as, say, 1991, but it still works on many people.

He owns it, and is putting it to use other than just for driving. It's not like he can't drive/enjoy it later, or sell for a profit.

I just hope he starts it up regularly and keeps everything running well.

If I had this car, I wouldn't sell it for 100. There are no more. I am astounded by how little prime members see the value of the NSX as a collectible. A high dollar one. It meets all the criteria and then some.

I am astounded by how little prime members see the value of the NSX as a collectible. A high dollar one.

Seems to be some sort of selfishness or inability to plan for the future.

Yes, a driver's car is meant to be driven, and is worth the most when it is being driven, but I highly doubt a 200k mile NSX feels like a new one to drive.

My 96 with just under 80k miles on it sounds and feels and drives awesome, but I bet if it were brand new it would have an even crispier, more refined feeling to it.

So, there is value in holding onto some crispy, brand new licious NSXs so that future generations can not just know what it's like to drive an NSX, but what it's like to drive a *brand new* NSX straight off the lot.

If I had a pile of money I would walk in there with a suitcase... half a million in cash. As a lifelong NSX fan I cannot imagine a more salient experience than driving a dealer-new NSX off the lot with the plastic still on the seats. Incredible.

I am astounded by how little prime members see the value of the NSX as a collectible. A high dollar one.

Maybe because we like to drive the car we bought?

On a personal level, as long as the car is accident free, anything can be restored.

So if I put 200k miles on my car and intend to keep the car forever, I'll be happy to spend some money to restore it to new condition, and put on another 200k miles. I bet you the restoration fee will be much cheaper than $100k.

What is a $100k Honda going to for my wealth? Do you think this car will worth a $mil 50 years from now? I doubt it. Than again, I could be wrong, because a piece of cake will probably cost us $100 bucks in half a century.

Back