• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buying a 92 NSX - need help in California JH4NA1150PT000297

Hello,

This website is so great! I'm new to the site, and would like some help from a knowledgeable NSX owner. I am deciding between a couple of NSXs, both 92s. One car is located in the Los Angeles area, and the other near San Jose. If you live in either of these areas, would you mind helping me inspect the cars? Your help is greatly appreciated! Also, if you cannot help personally, maybe a recommendation of another owner or good mechanic?

Thanks!

Jay

Re: Buying a 92 NSX - need help in California

Yeah, I've printed the Used NSX Checklist and the "What I should know when buying a Used NSX" articles and will use them. What I really need is local help from somebody who can really make sure I'm doing the right thing!!

Thanks!

I bought my 91 NSX in July 2004 in Huntington Beach. I looked through many in the LA area. I am quite busy with work and will not be able to see the car for you unless it's very close to my home. But let me know about the car in LA. May be I've already seen it?

Jim

Where in LA is the car?

Hi Everybody,

Thanks for your interest - the car in LA is in Alhambra, and there is another one in San Diego. I'd really like some help with the one in Alhambra though!

Thanks,
Jay

CaliNSX said:
Hi Everybody,

Thanks for your interest - the car in LA is in Alhambra, and there is another one in San Diego. I'd really like some help with the one in Alhambra though!

Thanks,
Jay

I can help you with the one in alhambra, post some detail of the dealership/private. do you have a link of the car?

Wind

I called him about his nsx...you might want to spend the cash for a compression test, and leak down test...When i talked to him..it was un-tuned running rich with no aftercooler.

I'm confused. There's one car in Alhambra, and the other one might be in San Jose, Sacramento, or San Diego. :confused:

Sounds like you have some folks who can check out the car in Alhambra. I'm sure they can recommend a good mechanic in that area as well.

If the other car is in San Jose, take it to Foreign Affair. If it's in Sacramento, take it to Niello Acura. If it's in San Diego, take it to Applied Motorsports.

Sorry for the confusion!!

Yes, there is one car in Alhambra which Joel and NSXWind checked out for me. There is another in Sacramento, which I have not seen yet.

I'm in the process of trying to find the "perfect" car for me - if anybody knows of a great NSX (91-93) for sale, please let me know...I have been watching the For Sale forum too...

J

I am in Pleasanton, and still fairly new to the NSX game, but any advice or assistance I can give, I'll do for a fellow east-bayer. Another member here in town is very knowledgable and is a great help to me. I bought mine in April from Florida, sight unseen. The main reason for me was that it was all STOCK. It also had all the service records. Write and we can chat about snap rings, and things like that. I would much rather doo the mods myself, so I know they are done right. The Sacto. one sounded a little too done up.

And remember Patience is a virtue. ;)

Last edited:
Yes, the Sacramento one (which I have not seen yet is a 93).
The one in LA is a 92, but I've given up on that one. I hope to see your's soon Brian!

Back