• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Buying a Snap Ring Failure flagged NSX

I am having a lot of trouble finding a transmission case for the 1991. I am close to buying a beautiful 1991 with 48k miles. It is in super shape. Interior and exterior are almost show quality. I wanted to see what the repair would be to avoid the snap ring possible failure. My biggest comfort with this car is the reliability of a Honda product. this has me worried. It does not have any symptoms but I hear that is not any guarantee at all. The previous 2 owners are much older than me and treat the car like it is made of glass. I doubt the engine has been pushed very much. I do not track but I do get on the throttle when I want to enjoy my car.

I have called 3 different Acura dealers and so far nothing. Most parts sites have the transmission case listed as discontinued ??? I love the car but it is in the failure range per the serial number and I know it is a real concern. Is there a parts site that I have missed???

Back