• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

C32B engine swap into 1991

Well, I know this has been discussed before, but searching arround gave me not all the answers I want. I have an 1991 NSX and I just bougth an C32B engine with an damaged crank. I have a replacement crank here and will give new bearings. Since NA2 NSX are super rare in Europe I can not just sell my 1991 and buy a newer one. On the other side OEM is the best and I like to have as many as possible OEM parts in my daily driver while squeezing out most power possible.

Anybody has done an NA2 engine swap into an NA1 NSX? What have you done and what injectore size and ECU are you running? I was wondering if a stock 1991 ECU with 270cc p&h injectors will do the trick? Sure I could get an AEM v2 but I prefer oem if the a/f ratio is all the way fine!

What I have read:
1) use the 1991 enigne harness and intake manfold/throttlebody
2) pull out the oem 240cc injectors and get aftermarket 270cc p&h

thanks

What type of C32B do you have there? a OBD1 or OBD2 engine? EDM, JDM or USDM?
there are wiring differences between them.
I'd also recommend swapping in the RDX injectors.

A other idea is just to do a short block swap.
That allows you to run the 93mm bore deck and pistons, in a other wise OBD-I engine assy.

Unless it's a late C32B (00-05 with Improved LMA's)

Last edited:
The easiest way to do this is to use a C32B bottom end and C30A heads/intake/throttle. Several owners are doing this with no problems.

The easiest way to do this is to use a C32B bottom end and C30A heads/intake/throttle. Several owners are doing this with no problems.

Not sure I'd call that the "easy way" - the 3.2L heads have larger valves, they'll flow more air, you also don't need 410cc RDX injectors for a stock C32B, which comes with 270cc injectors from Honda. I'd retain the car's factory computers, use your 1991's original intake manifold assembly, and install a AEM FIC to massage the tuning on a dyno.

Using 3.0L heads results in a tiny compression bump, but frankly, if you're going through the effort, there are other more-beneficial ways to spend the money. That is unless you've got the parts and the time.

OP, you have a C32B longblock, with injectors installed, or you're going to play with your damaged C30A engine assembly? Many people do increase the bore of their C30A to 93mm, due to damaged cylinder walls, etc., effectively creating a 3.2L engine - note, this does require aftermarket sleeves.

Last edited:
Hey Scorp what else apart from sleeving the C30 would need to be done to have it at 3.2L do you need to change anything else ECU? etc.

The engine was out of an Euro NSX 1998 modell. The heads are the 2nd important benefit along with the larger displacement I would say, so I do not see why putting the c30a heads on it would be a good idea. Well, of course sleeving a c30a engine is cheaper or at least easier to do, but I do not want any other parts inside the engine than oem Honda parts in my street NSX.

Aem v2 the way to go I guess.....

We swapped one into a customer's car in early 2009. Take note, the AC compressor brackets are different, use the C30A. Also must use C30A intake manifold. Plug all of the Air pump ports. Otherwise, was a very direct swap. For whatever reason, this car makes 497WHP on pump gas with our turbo system. Still hasn't broken any pistons...

Thanks guys! I have no A/C on my car for weight reasons. I will just swap out the IM/TB and try it with wide band O2 and stock ECU + 290cc injectors. If it does not work very well I will setup an AEM v.2.

I've seen this done and running, no head changes etc direct 3.2L swap into '92 Chassis. This was done already by a fellow Canadian member back in '08/09. Swapped a 3.2L into a '92 NSX end result was 517rwhp on the stock 3.2L Turbo setup.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/120667-Canadian-winter-turbo-project!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/119917-new-to-the-forums!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/152783-my-black-92-turbo-stolen!!!!?highlight=rob+turbo+black

Back