• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

C8 finally unveiled!!!

Wow!!!!

Mid engine-495hp 8 speed DCT

Base price at $60k ???

message-editor%2F1563500115453-2020-chevrolet-corvette.jpg

Take my money!!!!

Last edited:
I stayed up until midnight to watch the livestream C8 unveiling, and overall am quite impressed with the base package.
We'll see about the real-world pricing, but if you can get a nice Z51 version for around $85K they will probably fly out of the dealerships.

dry sump...track pack....could be good...exotic package using conventional construction...

I agree that it looks good, and that it represents a great bang for the buck. But at that pricepoint, they WILL sell a lot of cars, and exactly how "special" will the C8's be when they become nearly as commonplace as Camaros or Mustangs?

Last edited:
I agree that it looks good, and that it represents a great bang for the buck. But at that pricepoint, they WILL sell a lot of cars, and exactly how "special" will they be when they become nearly as commonplace as Camaros or Mustangs?

And that's a bad thing because, why? Does it make you a better person just because you own a "special" car?

I think its pretty damn good looking sounds like fantastic performance but for me the show stopper is the lack of a manual transmission. I realize they can't go as fast with stick but i enjoy having it regardless. I have never owned anything but manuals so I'm slightly biased LOL!

... I have never owned anything but manuals so I'm slightly biased LOL!

Me too. But when I got my first DCT flappy paddle shift car, the NC1, I realized that it makes the driving experience a lot better. You can really concentrate on the steering inputs and weight transfer much easier. Yeah it's fun to stomp on the third pedal and row through the gears. But in my driving environment a DCT is much more effective.

And that's a bad thing because, why? Does it make you a better person just because you own a "special" car?
Of course not. I'm not knocking the car at all...I've admired C7s and the C8 looks to be a great car, and if I could I'd go out and place my order for one tomorrow. It's just that many NSX owners that I know cite as one of the attractions of the car the fact that they're uncommon. I suspect that in several years few C8 owners will make that claim.

Well then you haven't meet some of the Florida NC1 owners. Some are outright snobs and first time NSX owners who paid full MSRP. I guess when Acura depreciated the car overnight by $30k they got their feelings hurt.

I think the value will be purchasing these used. given the price, the looks, and what you get, they are bound to sell a lot of them. Which is a great recipe to pick one up used in a few years as they depreciate like all domestics (except maybe the GT)

I think there is a pretty high retention rate for the typical older vette owner...

I think there is a pretty high retention rate for the typical older vette owner...

That might be true, but the C8 will appeal to a very broad audience of automotive enthusiasts, so the buyer demographics will be wide and diverse and not just the typical vette owner.

Every single automotive forum that I am a member of has had a positive response to the C8 (with the exception of the trolls and brand snobs), there are folks who will be testing the waters buying a Corvette for the first time, depending on how the actual car turns out there might be folks who will move on to the next car in a few years if there are other options available.

I agree that it looks good, and that it represents a great bang for the buck. But at that pricepoint, they WILL sell a lot of cars, and exactly how "special" will the C8's be when they become nearly as commonplace as Camaros or Mustangs?

Totally agree. It’s looks really good. Looks very supercar like. I wish the 2017 + nsx had similar look like the 1st & 2nd gen instead it’s more bulk and not long as the original. Not hating but corvettes are everywhere in Massachusetts. The c8 will be so common that I feel when people see other cars as Ferrari and Lamborghini that they will think it’s a corvette. As good as it looks and perform. I rather have something limited and more rare like the nsx. I just want to be different!!!! Lol. I don’t want to be the same like everybody!!! Agree???!!?!!

Of course not. I'm not knocking the car at all...I've admired C7s and the C8 looks to be a great car, and if I could I'd go out and place my order for one tomorrow. It's just that many NSX owners that I know cite as one of the attractions of the car the fact that they're uncommon. I suspect that in several years few C8 owners will make that claim.

I agree... hate is bad for your health... lol. I just rather stand out of the crowd. If only they made it limited, then I would be more attracted to buying one but with the base price of $60k expect to see a whole bunch of them By the end of 2020. I’ll see them every where and that a fact.

I've never been a fan until the c7 but the c8 is just awesome! I still like the c7 rear and manual trans better, but everything else about the c8 is just a step in the right direction for sure. A used one in a few years will be excellent bang for buck.

I've never been a fan until the c7 but the c8 is just awesome! I still like the c7 rear and manual trans better, but everything else about the c8 is just a step in the right direction for sure. A used one in a few years will be excellent bang for buck.

Same here.....

I just built these ones on the Chevrolet site

wide

wide

It's going to be an incredible value. Certain views of it still seem off to me.

But if Volk makes some TE-37s for it, I may be game. :p

yea it has some 435/570/R8 mashup going on.....

Certain views of it still seem off to me.

. :p

Probably the rear view that looks too camaro-like. I love the front and side profile look except the rear. Overall the car looks like a combination of different exotic cars mixed together, IMO.

I think the rear wing looks terrible but like the car overall. Incredible value.

Back