• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Call for help to MN owners

Trying to diagnose a front end problem. I would like to do the following:

1) Have someone drive my car back to back with theirs to see if they can tell a difference.

2) Assuming they can, I would like to swap the front wheels/tires to mine and see if that cures the problem.

Any takers? I can buy you lunch for your troubles. :biggrin:

Trying to diagnose a front end problem. I would like to do the following:

1) Have someone drive my car back to back with theirs to see if they can tell a difference.

2) Assuming they can, I would like to swap the front wheels/tires to mine and see if that cures the problem.

Any takers? I can buy you lunch for your troubles. :biggrin:

You might try and find a local tire store w/a Hunter machine that does "road force balancing" this machine is remarkable.

http://www.gsp9700.com/pub/features/how.cfm

Looks like the shop I took it to had one. I assume thats what they used.

I had a new set of studded snow tires mounted and balanced on my '07 MDX on a regular spin balancer - felt vibration and was not satisfied with the job.
Took it back and they re-did w/road force machine and cured the problem.

Generally this is an optional service that you have to ask for and pay more for ..... maybe your shop does it as their everyday balance. Out here it costs about $20/wheel vs $10 for the generic job.

If you have RE040's (& maybe other OEM Potenzas too) they flat spot if the car has been sitting for a few days but smooth out in a mile or so when they warm up.

One other thing....your original NSX was a coupe vs T wasn't it? When I got my first T top after owning a coupe and took the top out for the first time, I thought something was out of balance in the front end . Turns out it was cowl shake . When I put the top back in everything was tight. I rarely take the top off for that reason. It's very noticeable to me.

Just some thoughts.......

One other thing....your original NSX was a coupe vs T wasn't it? When I got my first T top after owning a coupe and took the top out for the first time, I thought something was out of balance in the front end . Turns out it was cowl shake . When I put the top back in everything was tight. I rarely take the top off for that reason. It's very noticeable to me.

Just some thoughts.......

Im quite certain its NOT cowl shake. I drove several (4-5) NSX-Ts before I bought this one and they were much tighter. All were stock. In my detailed post I attributed this to the 19s the owner had on and assumed a good alignment would fix it.

Note - I believe Momin (username Elite) has a shop in the Cities that does a lot of NSX service work.

Thanks Ken. Jason and I have emailed a lot regarding other work, but until now(this thread) I didn't know about this issue. Jason, I can help you with this, let's just figure out a time to drive your car and we'll see what we can do/what I can diagnose.

Back