• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Group Buy Camber Kit designed by Thom Ayotte

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel your pain. I made a prototype plate that's been on my car for over 5 years now so looks like it's doing alright. My last alignment showed 0 degree camber with about 1/4" fender/tire gap. I will make it to about -1 to -1.5 degree camber when the final machining happens. It doesn't need any disassembling of your control arms. Just unbolt and add plate. But, does require a small notch to be cut from the sub frame lip. The X is in another state getting some work done. When I get it back, I can post a few pics. I might find a machinist to produce this myself or just hand the template to another member willing to do it.

Last edited:
Didn't those camber kits have problems? Weren't people hearing a lot of noise after some time?

I'd suggest people lower the amount of toe to reduce rear tire wear.

Last edited:
Do you know what the pricing and lead time will be?

I guessing it will be $400 to $500 plus shipping. Remember...I am not a vendor, just making copies of a kit that I love and helping the NSX community.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't those camber kits have problems? Weren't people hearing a lot of noise after some time?

I'd suggest people lower the amount of toe to reduce rear tire wear.

There is no perfect solution, but I think it is the best solution for the one's like us that want to lower our cars and not sacrifice tire wear.
I have had this 'kit' in my car for over 8 years.
The only issues I have had are the delrin bushings will dry out a cause a squeak.
And the other issue others have had is the kit may not be reversible...meaning if you are not very careful removing you OE bushings you will not be able to re-install them.
I suggest that you have a machine shop install the kit in the arm.

Rich

Hey Everyone,
Update, the parts have been made and are better than the original Thom's kits. Measurements were taken from the OE parts and made with tighter tolerances.
In addition to the better tolerances and finish the shop anodizes the parts for better corrosion protection.

The cost will be $450.00 plus shipping. He has only made 10 sets for now.

Here is a pic (camber parts are the ones on the lower right of the pic)

Rich Wong IMG_2313.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back