Camber question

Hey guys,(and gals) quick question. I have Eibach springs on my 91 (stock shocks). I was hoping to take out enough camber to get my rear tire wear believable. My alignment guy is very thourough, he says that we have adjusted all the camber out we can and since the car has been lowered, -2 degrees is the best we are gonna be able to do. My question is 1.) Does this sound correct? 2.) Does any company offer a camber plate or anything along those lines that would help correct? Just curious. Thanks in advance for any help.

------------------
Jason

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I just had my car lowered w/ Eibachs and am getting it aligned this weekend after I put the new wheels back on.

-2 degrees with Eibachs sounds spot on. It is also a very reasonable figure if you want the best handling.

Apparently there is a known mod of some type which is accomplished by grinding on something, but I haven't been able to get an answer to that from anyone. The stock adjustment is a very simple cam device, so it may be that they modify it.

Anyone with details?

Originally posted by sjs:
-2 degrees with Eibachs sounds spot on. It is also a very reasonable figure if you want the best handling.

Apparently there is a known mod of some type which is accomplished by grinding on something, but I haven't been able to get an answer to that from anyone. The stock adjustment is a very simple cam device, so it may be that they modify it.

Anyone with details?

Yes, here are the details. I just had my car aligned yesterday at Gold Coast Acura. I have Eibachs installed on the car and effectively lowered it ~1.25"

It was no problem to put the front back into spec. range. (between -.02 & -.05). Additionally, Toe and Caster were not a problem to return to stock either.

The back is indeed a different story. Spec. range for the rear is between -1.7 to -1.3 I started at -2.1 and the tech was able to get me only to -2.R and -1.9 L respectively.

Visually, looking from behind, the tires still slant out at the bottom quite a bit.
I too, remember reading about someone who has made or is making a "kit" to enable one to reduce the amount of camber to within spec range. does anyone know who has a kit or how to modify the existing hardware to achieve this?

This is the only thing that's keeping me from lowering my nsx... My 92 prelude Si was lowered and it just ate up the tires in the back... I want to have stock camber in the rear of my nsx without even MORE tirewear! very anxious to hear how to fix this....

With sway bars having the tires stand straight up and down should give it great handling... without the excessive tire wear!

-Electro

I think Comptech makes this rear beam that makes the chambers in the right range. It goes for $700 if this is what I think
smile.gif

131120.jpg

I used to run -2 negative on the front of my modded Integra GSR a couple of years back. Didn't have any problems with tire wear and the car handled amazing.

Originally posted by winreboot:
I think Comptech makes this rear beam that makes the chambers in the right range. It goes for $700 if this is what I think
smile.gif

131120.jpg

The comptech rear beam does not affect camber adjustment. If you install it, you do not need as much negative camber, as there is less play. However, it does not change the range of adjustment.

I have been looking for a camber kit for some time with no luck. I plan on fabricating one at some point, but it is low on my list right now. If we could get enough people together, we could probably get some one like Ground Control to make a kit.

------------------
Don't no nuttin 'bout no NSX;
Don't no nuttin 'bout birthin' no babbies.

I don't know if you are currently an NSX owner. But, -2 on an NSX will cause bigtime rear tire wear. Unfortunately I have the proof sitting in the garage.
wink.gif

------------------
Jason

David, I agree. Let's see if we can talk to one of the suspension companies and see. Worth a try.

------------------
Jason

Originally posted by Jason Weaver:
David, I agree. Let's see if we can talk to one of the suspension companies and see. Worth a try.

Jason and David: If you are planning in doing so, I will sugest to contact Ingalls Engineering instead of Ground Control. They are the major camber kits manufacturers in the states. www.ingallseng.com, [email protected]

Regards,
Enrique Thompson
Crazy4Cars Racing

Originally posted by Jason Weaver:
I don't know if you are currently an NSX owner. But, -2 on an NSX will cause bigtime rear tire wear. Unfortunately I have the proof sitting in the garage.
wink.gif

I run -3 on my NSX. The tire wear is worse than I'd like, but I can live with it. If I had the chance, I would probably reduce to -2 degrees, but I certainly would not go less than -1.5 under any circumstances because it seems too counterproductive.

I helps to corner hard a lot, at least the wear looks more uniform.

Originally posted by David:
Thanks, Enrique. I just sent them an e-mail about it. We'll see what happens.

Great timing... A few weeks ago I had emailed Ingalls regarding this and asked if they'd create a kit for the NSX. (Cindy said she'd talk to the engineer but never got back to me). With enough people emailing, maybe they'll consider supporting us.

Marc
97 NSX-T Twin Turbo

Back