• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can I replace the drive-by-wire with a regular cable actuated throttle?

First off, what year did the NSX switch to DBW technology?

I was reading on a 350Z forum and came across a company called Blitz that makes a DBW deletion kit for their cars including reprogrammed ECU, going back to the conventional cable throttle as they say it eliminates the slight delay that DBW systems have.

So does anyone make this for the DBW NSX's? Those of you who have NSX's with DBW, do you notice any delay in response time compared to the earlier cars with the regular cable throttle?

Personally I feel that I would like to have 100% control of the gas pedal at all times and just don't trust the thought of having electronics control the throttle...what if there's a power failure or something? Sorry but I'm an old-school kinda guy ;)

1995 is the first year of DBW.

I have heard the conversion is not easy and quite costly.

If that is your biggest concern, get a 94.

FormulaRX said:
Those of you who have NSX's with DBW, do you notice any delay in response time compared to the earlier cars with the regular cable throttle?
No delay. I have a vacuum gauge, and it moves in sync with the pedal with no lag. This is on a 1995 NSX.

I like throttle-by-wire. I don't find the idea of a 12-or-so-foot-long cable to be any more endearing. I've replaced a mid-engine car's throttle cable before (it frayed on an '85 MR2 I owned).

DBW can be sped up with software.

Thats how my sport mode does it on the Coupe.

Back