• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can not start when cold

Can anyone point me in right direction what can it be? When it is cold outside I can't start my nsx. It turns fine but it looks that the fuel pump does not work. I have a fuel gauge so I see there is no initial fuel pressure. I'm using wolbro255 aftermarket fuel pump. When it gets above 0c it starts every time. I ordered the fuel pressure resistor, since my buddy had the same problem in his but I have don't think it will fix it. How a cold weather would make resistor stop working?.... Anyway, did anyone had problems like that?

Thanks,
Dave

Yes, I'm using AEM ecu v1.11 (I think they just came out with v1.19 firmware).
I did not think of that. Can there be setting for it cold start?

Thanks,
Dave

winreboot said:
Yes, I'm using AEM ecu v1.11 (I think they just came out with v1.19 firmware).
I did not think of that. Can there be setting for it cold start?

Thanks,
Dave

For sure. A friend in Atlanta just had his tuned, but not for cold start and he got stuck. That could be the problem.

You wore right :)

I went to options configure outputs for fuel pump and there was condition made not to start fuel pump if coolant temperature is lower then 30F.

Thanks,

winreboot said:
You wore right :)

I went to options configure outputs for fuel pump and there was condition made not to start fuel pump if coolant temperature is lower then 30F.

Thanks,

Glad I could help.

Thanks for the tip, I have been chasing down why my fuel pump won't run for over a week. Found the perameter set at 32 F, reset it to 0 F and it all works! Now I just need to replace my o2 sensors with something that doesn't die every 5 months like the AEM...

Back