• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can NSXPO Become a Charity Event?

I participate in a lot of other car club charity events (the Corvette group is probably the best), but I've never seen something like this done for NSXPO. The NSXCA Kid's Weekend is nice and I wished I lived closer to participate in that, but have any of the officers thought about NSXPO benefitting some charity?

I'm sure there will be some people against this idea (deciding on an appropriate recipient(s) for example), but overall it's a really nice thing to do. If Corvette drivers and Harley riders can raise a lot of money to help others, you'd think we could do it too.

Thanks,

Dave

Maybe at the concours, owners place a bucket in front of the car. Highest $$'d car wins a fun award but a charity may win a great award. Just an idea.

I know for sure that the auction at last year's NSXPO raised funds for charity.

In general though, I think the lack of enthusiasm was more due to it being an odd and undetailed question. I suspect the general answer is "sure - can you be more specific though". I also suspect that the NSXCA would be more than happy to get involved in any sort of charity event you would like to put together in your area.

Just an "observation", to the best of my knowledge, NSXPO's aren't run at a profit, the hope is that with "sponsor" support, we "break even". If they priced it to make a profit, most people wouldn't come.

I know for sure that the auction at last year's NSXPO raised funds for charity.

In general though, I think the lack of enthusiasm was more due to it being an odd and undetailed question. I suspect the general answer is "sure - can you be more specific though". I also suspect that the NSXCA would be more than happy to get involved in any sort of charity event you would like to put together in your area.

Right, the $3700 raised through the auction was very nice.

As far as being an odd and undetailed request, perhaps you haven't been involved with other car clubs that routinely raise money through their yearly premier events (like NSXPO) for American Cancer Society, American Red Cross, Autism, MDA, or whatever. A portion of the event fee goes to the designated organization, along with any silent auctions, concours events, 50/50 raffle, etc.

Here's an example of the things NCCC does:
http://www.corvettesnccc.org/Charity.html

As far as my area, I think there are only two or three of us in a 50 mile radius.

Back