• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can someone recomend a good mechanic?

I live in Westfield, NJ, which is in Union county. An NSX that I'm looking at is priced suspiciously low (43,800 for a 98 NSX-T manual with 39,000 miles), but appears pristine in and out. Does anyone know a good NSX mechanic in central NJ that I could have look the car over top to bottom?

I can only suggest one dealer for this ...Davis Acura in Langhorn Pa...Bernie is one of the best nsx mechanics around the east coast. Also there are a few members here that are qualified to give a overall inspection of the car that live in your area so if you can shed some more light on where the car is or the vin number maybe someone can provide you with some help.

Definitely Bernie!

Is the car for sale at a dealer or private?
If I was mechanically inclined I would offer a hand.

Maybe call your local Acura dealer to see if they have NSX certified techs. Probably the next best thing to Bernie.

Best of luck.

Don

Bernie

Hi Chuck,

Don't even think twice....Bernie at Davis Acura in Langhorne, PA. Before I purchased, I had what is called a "Check and Report" for $78. You can even be IN the garage with Bernie, chat with him while he goes over your car and he will point out all the things he is looking for! It was a fantastic experience, after which I was very much relieved about the purchase of the car. Ask the Saturn dealer to flatbed to car to the dealer or agree to come with you when you take it over there! Let us know how it turns out!

Cheers and good luck!

Neville

Send a PM to Jadkar. This might be the same dealership that he bought his car at. Apparently his Saturn dealer loves high line cars....

Yeah, If that is Saturn of Greenbrook that's where I bought my 1998 Black/Tan back in June 2003. I know the guys pretty well there. The one strange thing is that sounds like the same car that was there when I bought my NSX. I guess they haven't sold it yet and have drastically dropped the price. If you PM me I may be able to take a look at the car this weekend. I have done a lot of work to my car myself, and I know the NSX inside and out. Let me know.

John

Back